The Applicant tracking system is the core of recruiting technology, a platform for storing and retrieving resumes, automating postings of job openings, and other functions commonly associated with recruiting. A number of new features are being introduced into the applicant tracking system software to ease the workload of recruiters, hiring managers, and job candidates, including artificial intelligence capabilities, automated workflows, and reporting functions. However, the increasing number of platforms makes choosing a new ATS more difficult than ever. When comparing these systems, human resource leaders must consider customization options, user interface quality, candidate experience, automation features, integration capabilities, and reports that are easy to use.
Why Do You Need A Candidate Tracking System?
Our reasons above are just the beginning. An applicant tracking system can help you do more than you thought possible:
- Keep detailed notes and tags about candidates.
- Easily access feedback provided by teammates. (without chasing them)
- At each stage of the process, use templates to update candidates.
- Comply with GDPR and safeguard employee data.
- Analyze the market in real-time.
These all contribute to the reduction of time-to-hire, cost-per-hire, and overall hiring costs, because you spend less time chasing down documents and chasing down manual work processes and more time relying on the system to help support growth.
How Can You Tell If Your ATS Is Working?
A key component of strategic HR is assessing your ATS, which is why Personio enables data-driven decision-making within our HR software.
A tracking link from Personio is generated for your jobs page to show where candidates are coming from, along with which channels are performing the best.
Additionally, Personio gives you a better understanding of a candidate’s status, in which phase they are in the hiring process. Therefore, when there is a time of difficulty, you can determine quickly and ask some crucial questions, such as:
- Ineffective or incomplete job advertisements?
- Where does candidate quality fall short in recruiting channels?
- When the process is too long, do candidates back out?
There is a world of insight that can be gained from each of these questions, but it all starts with a solid foundation. You are then able to utilize the clean, meaningful data within an ATS that stores all of this information securely.
What can you do to improve your ATS?
- Currently, the first step in improving your applicant tracking system is to assess your options. Are you able to provide a seamless and successful candidate experience with your current recruitment software?
- As a common beginning to a process, introducing a solution is essential, but you should make sure it will work for your specific needs.
- A candidate tracking system and HR software will help you develop a workflow that meets your needs. Templates and workflow steps can help you automate the process.
- Afterward, you must depend on data to determine what is working in your organization and what isn’t, and how to make improvements. As a result of implementing an applicant tracking system, your human resources team will have more time to work on these strategic initiatives.
How does an ATS improve the recruiting and hiring process?
A talent acquisition platform isn’t just for large organizations with a high volume of job vacancies and applicants to manage. Furthermore, applicant tracking system software benefits Small and Medium-sized businesses because it improves recruitment efficiency, allowing for a faster and easier hiring process. An ATS can benefit your organization in the following ways:
- Managing recruiting activities like job postings, screening, and communication with candidates
- Job applications and resumes are gathered in one location
- Qualifications are highlighted and unqualified candidates are filtered out, thus narrowing down the pool of candidates quicker
- Keeping track of applicants gives you an insight into how your overall process is going and where you might need to improve.
- Once an employee has been hired, candidate information can easily be transferred to their employee profile because all pertinent information is already in one place
Talent pool grows with better candidate experience
Building a positive candidate experience will not only lead to better hires but will also result in the growth of your talent pool. Having loyal employees who send you resumes on a regular basis is a sign that you have been lucky and are ahead of the game. Providing an unsatisfactory candidate experience can make it difficult to find quality talent.
Companies that provide a positive candidate experience will attract better candidates who will stick around for longer. An applicant may not be the right fit for a job but may satisfy with the process of recruitment. This makes him more likely to apply again for a position with the company in the future. This gives the company access to more talent.
Promote brand ambassadors
It is not possible to hire every candidate during the recruitment software. However, this does not mean they lack potential; rather, it means you haven’t found the right job for them yet. Do not lose these candidates by completely cutting them off. Contact them even if you don’t hire them. This will help you create brand ambassadors.
This is a win for both parties. Besides obtaining talent, you will also gain a brand ambassador.
Applicant tracking system programs collect customer data and information, track their purchasing patterns, and provide that information to the appropriate departments. CRM programs, therefore, include customer service. In almost every area of the business, including sales, marketing, and management, it is necessary to ensure that all departments are aware of and understand customer needs as well as complaints. The company is, therefore, more capable of delivering fast and perfect solutions to customers as well as meeting their needs, which increases customer loyalty and trust.
Sales team performance
The recruiter should be aware of who is on the team, and also what they’re working on. At any moment, you must be aware of the progress your team is making in achieving their monthly targets. To respond to these questions effectively your CRM should be able to aid you.
The performance of your sales team can be assessed using RecruitBPM CRM and ATS. It can also aid you in identifying the areas your team’s weaknesses are so you can meet each recruiter’s needs. RecruitBPM lets companies access this information in advance and helps them formulate more effective strategies for selling.
Streamline Your Hiring Process
An organization’s success depends on a detailed hiring process. If necessary, establishing a consistent hiring plan will assist you in finding the best candidates and in improving the hiring process. The hiring process does not end with the offer letter.
Take advantage of the people you already have
Boost recruitment efforts without incurring expenses by using existing team members to fill open positions. Utilize the following three tactics to engage your existing team. Recruiting Success Relies On A Successful Hiring Process
In making tough hiring decisions, you should not skimp on due diligence. You will not have to wait around for the great candidates you have shortlisted if a better opportunity arises. An effective hiring process follows some common principles.
It can take a lot of time to keep track of every detail for every interaction with a candidate. It may also be difficult to separate similar candidates if multiple interviews conduct every day. When interviewers take notes, an unstructured process with a great deal of unstructured data can quickly spiral out of control.