With the Corona Outbreak, the use of hosting services has increased more than one can imagine. As there is no other option left so every user and every business is switching to the cloud, and for accountants, it is QuickBooks Hosting. QuickBooks Hosting helps in accessing the files from anywhere at any time using any of the internet-enabled devices. Since the processing of the tasks and accessibility of data takes place over the internet, therefore, bandwidth plays a vital role here.
Bandwidth and Its Role With QuickBooks
Bandwidth is actually the allocated Internet speed. It is the amount of data that can be sent to you which is usually measured in seconds. For example, 10 Mbps of bandwidth would mean that you can get up to 10 megabits of data per second. In QuickBooks, bandwidth is really important when it comes to accessing the files remotely. Therefore, it is recommended to have a good bandwidth when using QuickBooks Hosting to get the most out of the software. With slow internet, there comes latency in the accounting operations, and for a smooth workflow, you need to have high-speed internet.
When the user needs to access multi-user QuickBooks in real-time from across the Internet using QuickBooks Hosting or QuickBooks using Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services, they will need a fast Internet connection. Apart from the speed factor, instability of the network can be the reason for the slow operations of QuickBooks. That means when you are choosing an internet connection, ensure that your Internet service provider ranks high on speed as well as stability. The developer of QuickBooks, Intuit, has said that any type of network is in use today to run QuickBooks. Not all of them will run the QuickBooks Desktop effectively. QuickBooks Desktop requires a bandwidth of more than 40 Mbps to access the multi-user QuickBooks using any of the internet-enabled devices across the Hosted QuickBooks”
QuickBooks Issues: When To Optimize
There are some issues that might come up while using QuickBooks, and that is the call for you to optimize the software. These are some of the problems that come up:
- QuickBooks automatically creates and store TLG simultaneously with your main file. If the main files get deleted, the TLG file helps in recovering it. Therefore, delete the TLG file.
- There is a slowness in the processing of company files as the users who sign into the file increase.
- Performance issues for everyone.
- The company file runs fine early but then slows down as the day progresses.
- Intermittent performance issues.
- Too much time to open the file or unable to open the file.
- There can be issues in your system or device through which you access QuickBooks. For this, clear cache and cookies on a regular basis.
QuickBooks Optimization: How To Optimize
While the bandwidth matters a lot for the good performance of the cloud-based software, but you also need to look at other aspects of QuickBooks. If QuickBooks is not working efficiently then even bandwidth would not help it run smoothly. The RAM of your system plays a major role in enhancing the performance of QuickBooks.
- It should be more than 4GB if it is not, then upgrade it to a higher capacity.
- Ensure that you are using Windows or Linux OS.
Perks of Efficient QuickBooks Performance
There are a number of benefits of efficient QuickBooks performance. Here are few of the most prominent aspects of having efficient QuickBooks software with proper bandwidth
- With the increase in working time, the stress hour decreases. Hence, the efficiency of the worker increases, and with it, the return on investment gets a boost.
- The time can be managed in a more proficient manner with the speeded-up QuickBooks.
- With the performance of QuickBooks getting better, the working capability of the employees gets more. The time that was getting wasted with the slow performance of QuickBooks, can now be invested in doing more work.
- The same task that took hours before could be done in minutes, and in a much easier way. Therefore, the efficiency increases with it.
- With the increase in the bandwidth, the speed of the work would increase as well.
Bandwidth and optimization are of utmost importance to access QuickBooks remotely, and during the pandemic, it is a must to have proper bandwidth and optimization. The efficiency of QuickBooks increases with high-speed internet connectivity, and optimization and with it the productivity and hence the return on investment.