The DEWALT DW713 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw is a lightweight powerhouse that can accompany either a DIY man or a carpenter on projects. Built for both precision and power, going through cuts will be both smooth and right on target, both of which matter when working professionally for clients. It will also be able to steadily go through a job without shutting down or going haywire, as durability was also taken into consideration with the design.
Here we are going to review the DEWALT DWS713 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw. If you want you can also check the review of the RIDGID R4512 Cast Iron Table Saw.
Features of Product
- Very formidable 15 amp motor with 5,000 rpm
- 11 positive stops on a stainless steel miter detent plate that can be easily adjusted
- Positive bevel runs between 0 to 45 degrees for precise and accurate cuts, as well as flexibility
- Compatibility with the DEWALT Laser, a saw laser system (sold separately)
- Cutting crown and base molding capability due to the tall, sliding fence
- Cam lock miter handle which is easily adjustable
- Comes with a blade wrench, dust bag, carbide blade, and vertical material clamp
Benefits of Using Product
Power and Durability
The DEWALT DW713 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw sports a powerful 5,000 rpm and 15 amp motor that packs a very big punch, though can still maintain a steady force throughout the job. It generally does not bog down and give up on you, unless maintenance was not given due effort if you got a bad unit in the first place.
A very cool feature of the DEWALT DW713 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw is its dust collection. A lot of similar machines would have sawdust flying absolutely everywhere as you worked, which meant more clean up time after. As you work, the dust gets collected into a bag.
Accuracy and Ease of Control
Despite packing 5,000 rpm, the saw was made to be precise. 11 positive stops and easily adjusted cam-lock miter angles, as well as delivering accurate bezel cuts will allow you to use this machine for professional projects.
Easy to Handle
This machine weighs no more than 35 pounds, a far cry from a lot of heavier saws on the market. Easily being able to handle it means that you will have far more ease when attempting accurate and precise cuts, and will be able to work much longer.
Pros and Cons
- Lightweight; a very important factor when choosing a saw for a project is how well you will be able to handle it, and that is tied in directly with weight. This machine weighs only at 35 pounds, quite easy to work with even at long stretches of time.
- Precise; the saw was made for those who try to achieve as much accuracy as possible during the job. It has a lot of bells and whistles to help you make each cut as concise as possible.
- A customer reported that it will kick up a bit when you first start it up during the beginning of the job. This may cause dangerous accidents, so be aware of it and keep a tight grip and the right posture when starting it up.
The DEWALT DW713 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw came off with an overall score of 4.7 stars with a lot of appreciation attributed to the sheer power of the saw. It was stated as a dependable machine and will keep on soldiering through the rigors of carpentry work unless you really try to rush the job, which will result in deflection and ugly cuts. The construction was noted to be really solid all around, resulting in a much more polished machine than its other counterparts on the market. The DEWALT DW713 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw also impressed users with the dust collector, and the miter gauge got a lot of attention as well. It was notably lightweight, easy to use, and efficient to handle. Finally, before purchase, make sure to confirm whether you got the Type 1 or Type 2 model. Some customers were sent a Type 2 model that was not compatible with the LED light, and there may have been some mix-ups here and there. It’s best to make sure that all goes smoothly by confirming this.
- Use proper protection, especially for the eyes. Too many occurrences have happened that sawdust irritates the eyesight and accidents have soon followed. Don’t risk ending the job, and the career, early.
- No matter how comfortable you are with the tool, keep your hand away from the blade. Despite there being a sliding guard, tempting fate might just result in lost fingers. It’s a power tool, not a toy.
- Set the depth of your cut, as simply following through all the way will result in the cut being sloppy and ugly. Try to do it in a way that only the teeth of the blade will show through the cut.
- Become comfortable with your new saw. Understand all the bells and whistles and what they are for, and use them wisely.
- Wipe off after every job, and pack away in a safe location.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs)
Question: Is Dewalt DW713 type 1 or type 2?
Answer: Dewalt DW713 is type 2.
Question: Is it easy to change out the blade?
Answer: Yes, It is easy to change out the bade.
Question: How much does Dewalt DW713 weight?
Answer: Dewalt DW713 is 35 pounds in weight.
At the end of the day, the DEWALT DW713 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw is a solid machine that should be able to handle most that you throw at it. It has got power, precision, and easy handling on its side, all of which will help you complete a job well. Due to its lightweight, you will be able to use it for long stretches of time without tiring out, and coupling with the dust collecting system, you will find yourself working quite efficiently and with accuracy. A lot of customers were utterly let down due to the model issues, which can sometimes be unavoidable when ordering through shipment. The best way to avoid this is to confirm which type you are going to be shipped and ask if that particular model will be compatible with the LED.