Learn about its Benefits.
Every business needs a website that is responsive as well as mobile-friendly. Nowadays, having a mobile-friendly website is not only a good idea, it’s imperative. Smartphones have become a part of the lifestyle of every person.
- According to the current statistics, around 3.8 billion use smartphones globally as of April 2021 and is estimated to grow up to 4.3 billion by 2023.
- If you compare this with the statistics of the last few years, we already notice that there is a strong trend towards mobile in the coming years. This is natural because mobile devices are like small mobile computers with an Internet connection and are always within your reach.
- As such, you need a website optimized for mobile devices. Learn how a mobile-friendly website can contribute to the success of your business and how to make the website mobile-friendly.
What is a mobile-friendly website?
A mobile-friendly website is a web design that is displayed on small screens such as android, iPhone smartphones. Standard website design for desktops cannot get on mobile screens. But on the other hand, a mobile-optimized site adjusts to the smaller screen size and formats the content and interface in a mobile-friendly manner, including:
- Mobile-friendly navigation
- Faster download speed
- Touch-friendly buttons and page elements
- Larger, easier to read text
Why are mobile-friendly websites important?
A friendly website is important because:
- More and more users visit and access your website easily
- make sure that all of your visitors have a positive experience, regardless of what type of device they’re using to get there.
If your website takes too long to download or is not easy to use on a mobile device, they may move along to a competitor. Having a mobile-friendly website brings with it several key advantages, including:
- Improved search visibility
- Improved user experience
- Increased lead generation
- Improved brand identity
What is the difference between a responsive website and a mobile-friendly website?
A mobile-friendly website, there is a code for desktop or laptop screens and the same website is fitted into a smaller screen that doesn’t end up with a better user experience.
And on the other hand, a responsive website has a code that has been optimized to be displayed on any screen. And this gives a great user experience.
- So a mobile-friendly website doesn’t mean it is responsive but a responsive website is very much mobile friendly.
Benefits of a mobile-friendly website.
Following are the benefits of mobile-friendly websites:
Competitive advantage and generate leads:
- Mobile-friendly websites give you a competitive advantage and generate leads against your competitors.
- Although mobile-friendly websites are a necessity, there’s still a big proportion of businesses that have traditional desktop-only websites.
- In fact, research has shown that only 24% of 1 million most popular websites worldwide have mobile-friendly websites, and a small business study concluded that within the US, Canada, UK, and Australia, only 30% of small businesses have mobile-friendly sites.
- So, having a mobile-friendly site makes your business more competitive.
- For that, you should hire a web development company that helps you to properly get a competitive edge in the market.
Mobile websites are faster to load:
- One of the major issues faced by the user is loading speed. Mobile-friendly websites are faster to load than desktop-only websites when you search on a mobile device.
- Site speed is incredibly important because 87% of visitors lose interest and will exit your site if it doesn’t load properly within 3 seconds. Therefore, if you don’t have a fast site speed, you’ll lose potential sales.
- Website speed is also important in terms of SEO, so a faster loading website will increase your SEO ranking, increasing discoverability and reach.
- Not only do they lose a huge part of revenue but they also give the competitive edge to the hand of a competitor by itself.
Increase sales and organic traffic:
- As 80% of internet users access the internet via their mobile devices, with a mobile-friendly website, you’re more likely to have increased sales simply because your site is more accessible.
- Research looking into online sales via mobile devices in 2019 found that a mobile-friendly site made it 67% more likely that visitors would buy a product or service.
- Your social media accounts should all have your website’s URL on them. And if they don’t, get them on there now. Nearly everyone that’s using social media will be doing so on their mobile devices, so you need to make sure that once they click on your website link, they’re brought to a mobile-friendly website.
- In 2019, around 40% of online sales came from smartphones. That percentage is only going to grow in the next few years.
- You have to have a mobile-friendly website in order to make it easy for people to make an online purchase. They won’t run to another device to make the purchase. They switch from your site to your competitors.
- As the research suggested above, mobile-friendly websites increase sales, so you have a better chance of turning your social media followers into potential customers.
Better SEO rankings:
Seo is a technique that helps you to rank your website on google and other search engines. This is one of the difficult and major tasks.
- There are a number of factors that Google considers. Firstly, When it comes to ranking websites and the performance of your website on mobile devices.
- If your website is not performing well on Google, not having a mobile responsive website might be the reason for that.
- Google SEO is particular because 94% of worldwide searches occur.
- It also helps to increase discoverability and also reach new customers.
- It drives higher traffic on the website
Improve customer experience:
In business, it is important that your customers get the best experience. Most people believe that a website is the face of the business. And the landing page of the website creates a perception in the user’s mind.
Mobile-friendly websites are now a common feature of the business. Just take a while, ask yourself the last time you visited a website that had a poor mobile layout. How long did you stick around? The answer is, probably not very long. And if you think about the exact second, it is 30sec.
These days, internet users care almost as much about the experience a website provides as they do finding the actual information they’re after.
- If you don’t believe it’s that important, a recent study found that 52% of online users are less likely to engage with a company if they had a bad mobile experience.
- 90% of users switch their devices just to do online tasks.
- If the user gets a good experience, there is a higher chance that he/she will become your potential customer.
- Most mobile users do not want to scroll more or zoom in to go through the content of your website. So, make your website very optimized by providing full functionality to users.
- Around 60% of users do not recommend the poor designs for mobile size displays, because of this reason you will lose them with dissatisfaction along with a chance to get good word of mouth and website sharing.
It is important for a business to have a well-designed, responsive, and mobile-friendly website. It generates leads and improves the user experience, generating better results in Search engines against queries.