Having plants at home not only beautifies your land but also gives you a space to relax and ease your mind. The idea to buy plants online helps uplift any depressing spirit in your soul and helps you calm down, think clearly, and feel lighter. This is why any form – potted plants or having a wide garden – of greenery is important to have at home. But sometimes with the busy schedule, we all lead nowadays, taking care of a plant seems impossible. Often, people think of it as another chore they have to do when they get home. That is without realizing the helpful benefits plants can give their body, mind, and soul. What most people don’t realize though is that taking care of a plant is actually easy. Here are some easy tips for caring for your plants.
You can turn your yard into a lively display of seasonal and perennial plants. Seasonal plants need a different kind of maintenance than perennial ones do.
Maintenance of perennial plants:
Perennial plants are those that remain a permanent part of the foliage in your yard. As they are long term plants, they need to be trimmed so as not to look overgrown and ugly as they tend to grow out of control. This helps them stay healthy and blooming.
- All perennial plants need to be divided but at the right time of the year.
- When the center of the plant becomes weak and begins to have smaller leaves and fewer flowers, it needs to be divided at the earliest for it to remain healthy.
- It is usually best to divide them in spring. This is when the plant grows actively.
- You can also divide them if they grow rapidly.
- However, replanting is always a shock to the system of the plant. Keeping this in mind, give the plant a good soaking the day before dividing it, this will enable it to recover from the shock much faster.
Maintenance of seasonal plants:
Seasonal plants add splashes of color and are very pleasing to the eye. There are different plants for each season. Here is how you take care of them:
- Your plants do not need as much watering as they did in the summer months. So cut down the watering to one in a couple of days, but make sure the plants get a good soak with each watering.
- Succulents such as aloe vera should not be watered too much; they thrive better in freezing temperatures if the surrounding soil is dry.
- If you expect frost, make sure the plants are watered well before the frost sets in; this gives them a better chance of survival.
- If you plan to grow indoor plants online in clusters, choose those that need a similar amount of water.
- Make sure the soil is covered with a layer of mulch; this keeps the moisture in and saves you from having to water the plants too much.
- Mix flowering plants whose colors go together, transforming your yard into an artist’s palette.
In the summer months, the plants need a lot of water. Keep the soil moist to the touch. Mulch can be used to keep moisture in the ground around the base of the plant. In the summer the plants should be watered sparingly. Give the plants a little food while they are growing. Fertilize the hibiscus using a long release fertilizer in the spring and again in the summer.
- This can be a dry time of year for the plants, so you need to figure out how often you need to water them.
- Some potted plants may need to be moved to shady areas to prevent them from drying up.
Maintaining a garden is not an easy task. Different plants grow in different seasons and need to be tended to accordingly.
Here are some more easy tips on how to care for houseplants:
- All plants require water. However, be careful because overwatering can kill most house plants. If the soil looks dry, insert your fingertip into the soil. If the soil feels damp, do not water your plant.
- House plants need proper feeding depending on the type they are. Foliage plants require high amounts of nitrogen while flowering plants require potassium. You should keep slow-release fertilizer mixed with compost to nourish your plants. However, be careful with orchids and cacti because they require special fertilizer. You can get all types of fertilizers from a garden retail store.
- Be aware of the lighting needs of your house plants. Plants like Aspidistra do not require sunlight, so you do not have to place them near a window. Then there are plants that need semi-shade. These plants can be kept near a window.
- House plants can survive both in cool and warm temperatures but drastic temperature fluctuation is not good for them. Do not place your plants near gas heating. If you plant like warm weather, do not place it near an air-conditioner during summer.
So now with these easy simple tips, you can also manage your plants and can add a look to your space. You can also buy indoor plant online to grow them further.