Scalp hair transplant gained popularity long before any other type of hair transplant. However, facial hair transplants are catching up. People seek the services at Beverly Hills hair restoration clinics to boost their appearance and self-esteem.
Among the available facial hair transplants, the beard transplant is the most common. However, this medical procedure is classed under cosmetic surgery. You need to know all that it entails before you decide to have the transplant.
There are several benefits you will get when you have a beard transplant. You will learn all about them. Also, you will learn of a few risks and side effects of the process. The reason we give you both sides of the process is to help you make an informed decision.
Methods of Hair Transplant
The methods of beard transplant are no different from the scalp hair transplant. The doctors at Beverly Hills hair restoration will either use the FUE or the FUT method; The choice of the methods is dependent on various factors.
The Follicular unit transplant happens when the surgeon cuts a strip of hair from the back of your head. Then, they decide the strip into micrografts before transplanting the follicles to the bald area.
Before transplanting the grafts, the surgeon needs to preserve the grafts in a solution. It helps to keep the follicles alive and elevate the success rate. This process enables the doctor to harvest enough hair grafts in a short time. However, you are left with a linear scar after the stitches.
The other method is the follicular unit extraction. This method is preferred since it does not leave you with a scar on the scalp. The doctors extract individual follicles on the scalp and transfer them to the beard area. The method is also versatile since it allows the doctor to source follicles from other places besides the scalp.
FUE transplant takes a longer time than the FUT transplant. It is because the doctor needs to extract one follicular unit at a time. The units contain one to our strands. Then he will transplant the grafts to the bald area without preserving them in a solution.
The FUE beard transplant can be manual or robotic supported. The manual transplant takes longer. As for the Robotic FUE, the doctor will use a machine to extract the follicles. Then, he would transplant the follicles manually. The process cust down the operation time significantly.
Who is Eligible for Facial Hair Transplant
A Beard transplant is for any man who feels he has no enough beards on his face. Aso, you can use the transplant shape of the beard and add volume.
There are other cases that your beard would start thinning or develop bald patches. Instead of shaving off all the beard, you can have a beard transplant. It will help you rebuild your confidence. There is no age limit for the transplant. However, you need to disclose any health conditions to the doctors at Beverly Hills hair restoration clinic. It helps them advise you about the precautions of the transplant.
Benefits of Facial Hair Transplant
There are tons of benefits you will get through a beard transplant. Below are the benefits you will reap from the process.
- The method is permanent. Thus, you will never need to have a repeat process to restore your beard.
- You choose the design of your beard. The surgeon can help you select a design that suits your face.
- You do not need a separate donor. The doctor will source the grafts from your scalp of other body parts. Also, this reduces the chances of cross-infections.
- The results are natural since they use your hair.
- You will feel more masculine. Thus, it elevates your self-confidence.
- You will feel more attractive. Science proved that women find men with beards more attractive. Therefore you will have many women at your disposal. Also, it commands respect from both genders.
- It is low maintenance. You will not need to shape your beard every time it grows along the area the hair was transplanted.
- It is cost-effective since you will never repeat the process. Thus, a beard transplant beats all other seemingly cheap hair restoration methods.
- The success rate of the beard transplant is above 805. Thus, your beard will look thick and uniform.
- The process happens under local anesthesia. Therefore, it is entirely painless.
- You will take a short time to heal. All you need is one sick day from work for the procedure. Then you can deal with redness and mild swelling in less than one week.
- Once the beard has grown, you can shave and style it as a naturally grown beard.
- There is a notable presence of beards in intelligent men in history. So, it will make you feel confident in any intelligent conversation. Also, other men will tend to listen to your counsel.
Risks of Beard Hair Transplant
Just like all medical procedures, there are some risks associated with beard hair transplant that you need to know.
- You are at risk of nerve and blood vessel damage. It can happen when the doctor pierces the wrong place.
- You can experience bleeding. It can be severe if your blood does not have the quick clotting ability.
- You may suffer bacterial infection in the beard and donor areas. Thus, you need to ensure the clinic has high hygiene standards.
- You can develop keloids if your skin is sensitive. Assess the condition of your skin before the transplant.
Side Effects of Beard Hair Transplant
There are few side effects associated with the beard transplant. Some of them we covered under the risks. However, the risky side effects are infrequent. Only a small percent of patients suffer from them.
- Redness and swelling.
- Some post-anesthesia effects like dizziness and fainting.
- Experience some itchiness on the donor and beard areas.
- Loss of sensation.
Do you need to boost your confidence with a thick beard? Visit Beverly Hills hair restoration for a beard transplant. The process is quick and effective. You will need a short recovery time to witness some results. Also, do not mind the high cost of the surgery. It is a one-off cost. In the end, you will find it is more cost-effective than the topical methods of hair restoration.