FUE vs FUT is the main comparison of hair transplant way. These methods are popular and used to restore hair. It is always critical to make an ideal decision when you want to select which way to use. The FUE hair transplant method is ideal and will not lead to scarring. When performing the FUT process, the practitioner will remove a strip of skin from your donor part. He will then harvest the hair grafts from that strip. Here are several contrasts between fue vs fut over these ways.
FUE vs FUT Contrasts
The primary contrast over these ways is that in FUT, your surgeon will extract a piece of skin from your head. And then, they will use this strip to harvest individual hair follicles. The practitioner will intern use the hairs to cover the affected site of your head. And in the FUE way, the doctor will extract the hairs straight from your scalp.
Hair transplant has to do with surgery that harvests the hair from one side of your scalp and then transplants them to the recipient area. Hair transplant surgery is mainly used to treat male pattern baldness. Anyone who is going through hair loss can undergo this technique. FUE vs FUT is an effective method. They are also permanent, and most people say that it was successful.
Hair Transplant Procedure
The most common types of hair transplant techniques are FUE and FUT. After the hair transplant surgery with both methods, you will start to see the outcome after six months. The following factors determine the way that you will use, and they are;
· The amount of hair that is falling.
· If there is scarring in the process
· How your hair is falling
· The quality and quantity of the recipient area.
FUE vs FUT Working Principle
Both FUT and FUE hair transplant methods work by replacing hair grafts in tiny incisions in the affected area of your scalp. During the process, your doctor will have to be cautious when implanting the hair follicles. If he does not distribute the hair follicles well, you will not have natural results.
In the FUE technique, your doctor will use a micro punch tool o insert the hair follicles. The doctors who are performing the procedure have to be careful when storing and handling the hair follicles. This will help them not to destroy the hair follicles.
FUE Hair Transplant
The FUE hair transplant method uses the hair from the back of your scalp for transplantation. Your doctor will use a micro punch tool to insert the hair follicles carefully. You will not experience scarring if you undergo an FUE hair transplant. You will only get small scars about one millimeter, and they may occur depending on the number of grafts. These scars will look like tiny white dots after healing.
Also, make sure to know that each of these scars has up to four strands. The FUE hair transplant process takes many hours to complete. This is because your doctor will have to insert the hair follicles individually. You might undergo this treatment within two or three months to get the best outcome. This process is the best because you will not require stitches. You will also recover fast after the FUE hair transplant. You will also not need to be admitted to the hospital for an FUE hair transplant.
FUT Hair Transplant Method
FUT hair transplant surgery is also joint and involves extracting a strip of skin from your scalp. After removing the skin, your doctor will then suture the area together. This process will leave you with a visible scar. Sometimes, this scar can elongate from one ear to another.
Your doctor will then use this piece of skin to collect the grafts and then transplant them into the affected site. Ten days after the surgery, you will go back to your doctor so that he may remove the stitches. Your doctor will use local anesthesia for this technique. And you will not be admitted to the hospital because it is an outpatient process.
FUT hair transplant may cause some swelling and pain if you compare it to FUT. But the outcome will vary depending on the individual.
FUE vs FUT Pros and Cons
These processes have their pros and cons. FUT hair transplant technique is considered to be sophisticated, but they both offer the best outcome. And so, selecting the best method will depend on your needs.
Advantages of FUE Hair Transplant
· FUE hair transplant technique will not leave you with scars after the surgery. This is because it does not involve cutting a piece of skin.
· If you want to keep short hair, this method is fit for you.
· You will be able to recover in a short period.
When a single follicular extraction(FUE) is done with a very specific scalpel, the surgery is minimal, so much so that the mark that remains when healed is transparent to the eye.
One of the benefits of FUE(fue hair transplant) is that healing after an FUE(fue hair transplant) procedure tends to be more active and requires less post-operative limitations than other hair transplant methods.
FUE hair transplants are done with the assistance of mechanical devices and systems that make the procedure much faster and help to yield excellent results. The use of these advanced hair technologies provides for the least invasive, most accurate hair transplant procedure available.
Disadvantages of FUE Hair Transplant Surgery
· FUE hair transplant surgery takes time to complete.
· FUE is more expensive if you compare it to FUT.
The quality of the union may be cheaper than with traditional micrografting.
Advantages of FUT Hair Transplant
· FUT hair transplant method is best for people who want a large amount of grafting. This process gives a large amount of hair, unlike FUE. If your goal is to have maximum inches in your head, FUT would be the best option.
· This process can take place with partial shaving. This means that you can hide the scar with the remaining hair.
· FUT hair transplant technique takes a short time to complete. The process takes 4 to 12 hours, but it will depend on the number of hair grafts needed for transplantation. FUE, on the other hand, will require ten or more hours to complete.
· FUT hair transplant surgery is cheaper than FUE
· During this process, you will not experience any pain because your doctor will use local anesthesia.
Cons of FUT Technique
· You will be left with a visible scar after the surgery. This means you will have to cover it.
· The recovery time takes longer if you compare it to FUE.
· FUT is more expensive if you compare it to PRP hair transplant.
Hair Transplant Cost
Hair transplant costs vary depending on several factors. It can range from $4000 to $15000. You will have to pay for the surgery using cash. This is because it is considered to be cosmetic.
Hair transplant surgery is costly, but the outcome is perfect. You can consult several doctors to find a favorable hair transplant cost. No matter the process that you go for, make sure the doctor is skilled. Also, make sure to consult your doctor so that he may advise you on the best technique.