Bamboo pillows have exploded in popularity in recent years thanks to bamboo’s amazing utility as a cloth . Bamboo Cooling Pillow offer several benefits over traditional pillows and lots of companies have hopped onto the bamboo train.
Of course, you’ll have questions. Why bamboo? What are the advantages of bamboo? What are the simplest bamboo pillows? during this article, we’ll answer these questions and more. Below is that the list of the highest 8 best bamboo pillows in 2021 and an entire guide the way to choose one. with none further ado, let’s get thereto .
Bamboo Pillow Buying Guide
Why can we Use Bamboo?
We know what you’re thinking, bamboo? How could a wood make a snug pillow? Technically, these pillows use the fibers of the bamboo plant, which shares many similarities to other forms of plant fibers utilized in clothing and bedding, like cotton or wool (pieces of bamboo wood have indeed been used as pillows throughout history, but that’s a story for an additional day).
Bamboo fiber may be a useful material because it’s very durable, eco-friendly, and excellent at wicking away moisture. Bamboo fibers are measured as having similar strength to standard optical fiber and have antifungal, antibacterial, and hypoallergenic properties. Further, bamboo fibers are very soft, smooth, and long-lasting. These properties make bamboo fiber a particularly useful material for sheets and bedding.
Bamboo textiles have seen a recent surge of recognition within the West, but bamboo-based textiles are around since as early as ancient China. the primary known bamboo fabrics were actually used as paper and later became a standard and cheap method to manufacture clothing, shoes, and other textiles, additionally to the uses of hard bamboo wood.
Recent developments within the manufacturing of bamboo fibers have caused the bamboo cloth market to expand rapidly. The affordability and availability of the material saw its use in additional products as a comparable alternative to soft fabrics like cashmere.
Strictly speaking, a bamboo pillow isn’t made entirely of bamboo. Most bamboo pillows have a memory foam body and a bamboo fabric pillowcase. Some bamboo pillows are made with more traditional materials, like cotton and feathers.
What are the advantages of Bamboo Pillows?
Bamboo pillows have many benefits over traditional cotton or feather pillows. Here are just a couple of the advantages of bamboo pillows.
- Bamboo may be a natural antimicrobial agent so it prevents the onset of mold, fungus, and bacterial growth
- Bamboo thrives under natural conditions then is usually not treated with pesticides or chemical treatments.
- Bamboo fabric is extremely breathable thanks to the unique shape of its ultra-fine fibers.
- Bamboo cultivation is environmentally sustainable and resource-efficient. It grows much faster than cotton or other fibers and doesn’t require nearly the maximum amount water.
- Bamboo may be a natural disinfectant and features a neutral odor
- Bamboo fibers readily absorb water, keeping you cool and dry while you sleep.
- Bamboo is hypoallergenic then is suggested for people with asthma and other allergies.
- it’s a sense like silk or cashmere but is far easier to take care of than either of these fabrics.
Disadvantages of Bamboo Pillows
Bamboo isn’t perfect though. Some disadvantages of bamboo pillows include:
- Bamboo pillows are often a touch costlier than conventional options.
- Because bamboo fabric absorbs water well, it are often a touch difficult to dry.
- Bamboo fabrics tend to bit a touch heavier and may wrinkle easily.
- Bamboo fabric might not undergo the washer alright . it’s recommended to wash it with a dryer.
- Bamboo pillows take a while to expand to full size.
Overall, the advantages of bamboo pillows outweigh the disadvantages, making them a sensible choice for virtually any quite sleeper.
How does one Wash a Bamboo Pillow?
Bamboo may be a bit finicky within the wash, so here may be a guide the way to most effectively wash your bamboo pillow.
First things first, your bamboo pillow may have a rather funky smell when first opened. Don’t immediately toss it within the wash, though. Instead, provides it each day or two to air out and disperse the smell.
If you would like absolutely the best results, you ought to always attempt to hand wash your bamboo pillow cover. Fill a sink with lukewarm water and permit the duvet to soak for a couple of minutes. Add during a bit of gentle detergent and rub it in by squeezing the duvet . attempt to keep the water lukewarm during this whole process.
Once you’ve got thoroughly washed the detergent out of the pillow, place it flat on a surface call at the sun and let it dry for a couple of hours. you ought to generally never put your bamboo pillow within the dryer, or if you are doing , put it on absolutely the gentlest setting for no quite quarter-hour .
So there you’ve got it, the highest best bamboo pillows of 2021. As always, the proper bamboo pillow may be a matter of private preference, one that matches your unique desire for comfort, support, and cushion. If you’ve got never tried a bamboo pillow before, we highly recommend it. It just may open you up to an entire new world of sleep.