When you are remodeling or redesigning your kitchen, the most crucial decision is to decide the type of cabinets for your space. From quality to color coding, everything should be to the point. However, you also need to consider the budget while still keeping a bit of customization in the mind.
So, what can you do? Should you consider factory-made, pre-made, or RTA kitchen cabinets?
If you want to purchase affordable, durable, flexible, and aesthetically appealing cabinets, then RTA kitchen cabinets are a perfect choice. Using these cabinets, you can remodel your kitchen in any manner you like. Let’s explore the benefits of installing RTA kitchen cabinets.
Why You Need RTA Kitchen Cabinets?
RTA cabinets near me are stacked, wrapped, and shipped; you just need to open the package, assemble it easily, and install it.
Here are the benefits of using RTA kitchen cabinets:
RTA kitchen cabinets are more flexible because these products are manufactured in bulk. You get multiple options to customize your kitchen in a way you seem fit. You have a range of choices for designs and textures, which help in synchronizing your RTA kitchen cabinets with other kitchen elements, such as a countertop, flooring, and other installations.
Think of RTA cabinets near me as Lego pieces. You can visit the website of the vendor, select the pieces you like, and order the right quantity according to the size of your kitchen. This offers high flexibility when compared to pre-made or stock cabinets.
Custom-made cabinets are attractive but the price range of these kitchen installations is also more. Usually, for a custom cabinet, you need to offer the design, select the material, and get it created by a craftsman. This small-scale production increases the overall cost of cabinets. As a result, your pricing is rarely pocket-friendly.
On average, custom cabinets can cost up to USD 500-USD1200 for one linear foot. On the other hand, RTA kitchen cabinets cost up to USD 175-USD 400 for one linear foot. This is one-third of the cost of tailor-made kitchen cabinets.
If you look at it, then using RTA kitchen cabinets can help you spend a little extra on other kitchen interiors, such as the countertops, tiles, or flooring. You can even purchase new appliances with the money and efforts saved with RTA kitchen installation. These cabinets are as beautiful as your custom installations, so you don’t have to worry about the look-and-feel of your kitchen.
- Quick and Easy
When you purchase customized kitchen cabinets, you need to wait for a long time. Since the craftsmen need time for the work, you can’t just visit the shop, decide on a design, and take your cabinets home. Therefore, the turnaround time here is far more than RTA kitchen cabinets.
When you purchase RTA kitchen cabinets, you don’t have to wait at all. You can literally visit the shop or the online store, explore designs, finalize one design, check if the material is in stock, and purchase. After the purchase, you can take the cabinets home, assemble them, and install them. If you are ordering RTA kitchen cabinets online, you only need 7-14 days to receive the cabinets.
Once these cabinets reach your home, you can assemble them on the same day and install them immediately.
Additionally, RTA kitchen cabinets are easy to install. If you don’t want to hire someone to assemble these cabinets at home, you can do it yourself; that’s the whole point of RTA kitchen cabinets. The tools used for this purpose are simple nails, a hammer, a screwdriver, and glue for wood. All you need to do is take out the instructions manual and follow it step by step to make your kitchen cabinets.
Customized or pre-made kitchen cabinets may be made with non-durable and low-quality cabinet materials. In an attempt to follow a strict budget, you can even end up purchasing low-quality pre-made cabinets by accident, such as made with thin veneers, particle boards, etc. These cabinets may save you money in the beginning, but in the long run, you may end up spending more money, as you may need to change the cabinets frequently.
RTA kitchen cabinets are high-quality products. These are affordable, as discussed above. There are hardwood drawer fronts, frames, and doors, along with smooth finishes on the entire cabinet.
If you want wooden cabinets, then you can take RTA kitchen cabinets made of all-wood. This may increase the cost a bit, but the overall cost may still be much less than custom-made cabinets.
When purchasing RTA cabinets near me, you should ensure that these products are durable, from the top-shelf, and high-quality. You also have so many options for designs, which you rarely get in other types of cabinets. Hence, utilize these features of RTA kitchen cabinets and quickly install them in your kitchen without any hassle.
Just remember to purchase RTA kitchen cabinets from a well-known provider. Check online reviews and analyze the website for different designs to make the right decision about your RTA kitchen cabinets.
Kitchen Cabinet Installation – Step-By-Step Instructions on How to Install Kitchen Cabinets Yourself
Now that you have your new kitchen cabinets, you’re equipped to move on to the following large step…..Installing your kitchen cabinets. While the actual set up of the Kitchen Cabinets isn’tall that tough, the crucial first step is measuring and staining out where the cabinets will move. By placing layout markings at the partitions and floors, it’ll no longer most effective help you with kitchen cupboard placement and stud locations, but it’s going to also help you find in which modifications and shims might be required. Before we get started out there are a couple of gadgets that you will need for the project:
Level or Laser Level
1″ x three” Piece of lumber (6′-eight’ in period) or an Inverted U-formed frame (see notes beneath)
Screws (lengthy enough to head 1 half into the studs)
Utility knife or chisel
An extra set of hands (you can ought to bribe one in every of your pals)
As I mentioned above, you’ve got the choice of the use of a bit of 1′ x three’ lumber for the installation or constructing a frame to assist the cabinets (I even have included a picture of a sample frame underneath). This may be constructed from 2′ x four’s and must be tall sufficient to support the lowest of your wall shelves. If you plan on putting in a couple of kitchen, then I would suggest the body, however a bit of lumber will do just best if that is a one time occasion. In both case, you’ll want another set of hands to help with the set up.
In this situation we sold (RTA) Ready-To-Assemble Kitchen Cabinets from RTA Kitchen & Bathroom Cabinet Store. Now the kitchen shelves are assembled, we are prepared to begin marking out our layout traces. Some human beings start with the base shelves, however we are going to start with the wall shelves first. There is not any proper or wrong way to begin, I simply decide on to begin with the upper shelves first.
1. Use a stage and a pencil to attract a parallel line across the wall about 3 inches up from the ground. Measure down from this line, to the floor, and find the floors excessive point (if it has one), and mark a line at that factor. From that high factor, Measure up 34 1/2 inches and draw a degree line across the wall to designate the pinnacle of the base shelves.
2. Now which you have the top of the bottom cabinets marked, degree up any other 19 half inches and a level line throughout the wall to signify the bottom of the wall cabinets. Lightly mark each cabinets’ dimensions and site at the wall to ensure that your unique layout is correct.
Three. Use a stud finder to find the wall studs. Use a pencil to mark the stud places as a minimum 6 inches above and under the road for the lowest of the wall cabinets. Draw directly vertical lines between the pinnacle and bottom marks to signify the middle of the studs, https://www.articleritz.com/
4. If you decided to go together with the piece of one’ x 3′ lumber, now is where you will use (if you decided to go together with the U-fashioned frame, it will come into play after all your strains are laid out). Screw a temporary 1′ x 3′ help rail to the wall, aligning the pinnacle fringe of the rail with the road for the bottom fringe of the wall shelves. Attach it by using riding 3 or 4 inch screws via the rail into the wall studs.
Five. Now that we’ve all the traces marked, it’s time to start installing your kitchen shelves. We are going initially the corner cupboard (right here is where your helper’s greater set of palms will be wanted). Place the nook cabinet onto the transient guide rail and feature your helper keep the nook cupboard in region. Drill pilot holes thru the robust cabinet back or its support rail and into the wall studs. Screw the cabinet into the wall the use of two screws that are long sufficient to penetrate the studs by using as a minimum 1 1/2 inches. Check the top of the cabinet for stage and the front of the cupboard for plumb. If you need to correct the placement, just again the screws out a bit bit and top shims at the back of the cupboard at the stud places. If it is plumb and level, drive the screws all of the manner in and add numerous greater into each stud to ensure that the cabinet is secured tightly to the wall.
6. Now we are going to flow onto the cabinets on both aspect of the corner cupboard. As you install each one, use the clamps to comfortable every cabinet to the neighboring cabinet after which check it for plumb along with your degree. On faceframe shelves, it is a superb idea to drill 1/eight inch pilot holes through the sides of the faceframe and use screws. In this situation, with frameless, prepared-to-bring together kitchen cabinets we are going to screw thru the plywood aspects and use shims in between the cabinets to make certain a good suit and ensure that the cupboard faces are plumb.
7. After all the wall shelves are in place, deploy the nook or end base case cabinet. Use shims where needed to level the cupboard and raise it up to the road which shows the high factor of the floor. Be positive it’s far stage from the front to lower back and to and fro, then screw it to the wall studs. If you do not have a diagonal nook cabinet or blind base cabinet inside the corner, push the adjoining cupboard into area and clamp the 2 gadgets collectively. Add a filler strip if needed to allow the doorways and drawers enough clearance to open and close nicely. If essential, faucet shims under the cupboard and in the back of it to regulate for plumb and level.
8. Drive screws through the cupboard back (and shims) into the wall studs. Trim any excess cloth from the shims with a pointy chisel or knife. Continue to feature adjoining cabinets in this way, becoming a member of them the equal manner you linked the wall shelves in step 6.
9. If your cabinets end up butting towards every other wall, you can need a filler strip to make up the previous couple of inches. If you have got custom cabinets, they ought to were constructed to fill this gap, but if you are the use of stock or RTA Kitchen Cabinets the filler strip can be needed. If you do need to apply a filler strip, leave the last cabinet indifferent from the opposite shelves. Clamp a straightedge to the face of the closest set up unit, extending far enough for you to placed alignment marks at the give up wall. Allow a 3/four” offset in the back of those marks (for the thickness of the filler piece) and attach a cleat to the wall. Then installation and fix the closing cupboard and measure the distance among its face body and the wall.
If the wall is flat, absolutely rip the filler board to the specified width and connect it in vicinity. If the wall is irregular, you’ll have to scribe-fit the filler board. Start by placing a marking compass to the width of the gap, then place a strip of one”-wide masking tape along the filler board within the location in which it wishes to be trimmed. Clamp the board to the cease cabinet’s face frame, then hint the wall contour with the compass. Remove the board and cut alongside the scribe line with a jig saw, then reinstall it to check the healthy. When it’s proper, pressure screws through the adjoining face frame into the edge of the filler board. Screw or nail the opposite aspect to the cleat.
At this factor, your kitchen cabinet set up is complete. If you acquire matching crown molding or another information, these need to be without problems set up now. Depending on whether you needed to use shims below the base shelves, you may have to set up a few trim portions by using the toe kicks to cowl up the shims or any gaps at the lowest of the kitchen shelves.