QuickBooks is a well-known non-public accountant that controls all of your finance-related trouble. And it is very effective in small and medium-sized businesses. The maximum of the users now and again face a few troubles because of the error. And one of the most common errors of QuickBooks that arises is – QuickBooks errors 6150, -1006. The error mainly rises while the company file or report is created, opened or used.
The error code 6150, message in QuickBooks is related to “file-extension” of the QuickBooks company report or QuickBooks company file, it is better to change the “file extension” name and save the company document with a right extension. Ensure that the “QuickBooks company record” is establishing on some other computer.
Some common Reasons For QuickBooks error 6150?
- QuickBooks or company document is damaged. Users must create a portable backup document.
- If QB installation is corrupted or damaged.
- While the user opens a portable document without opening the QuickBooks.
- When user modified or typed the wrong Extension for QuickBooks.
- While saving the QuickBooks Macintosh document using QuickBooks in windows.
- If the company document is infected with a virus or internet malware, it may reason QuickBooks error 6150.
Solutions for fixing QuickBooks error
- If the error 6150 is connected with the file-extension of the company file, then you have to change the file extension and again save the company document using the proper extension.
- You can use QuickBooks file doctor tool to fix such errors
- Check if the company file is establishing on any other computer.
- Re-set up QuickBooks to getting the latest version.
- Attempt to save QuickBooks for Macintosh in Mac instead of saving in the Window-primarily based system.
- In case your QB documents showing error while accessing in Mac-system, then you could try opening it in windows.
- QuickBooks always recommend users to use proper antivirus safety on their device while opening the company file.
Sometime the QuickBooks error code 6150 doesn’t get resolved by using the above-stated steps. Consequently, users can comply with the beneath-mentioned steps to resolve the problem.
Ways to resolve QuickBooks 6150 errors-
Approach 1 – restore From Backups
- Open QuickBooks and then click on the document. Inside the drop-down menu, you need to select an Open or restore company…
- From the given options, select restore a backup copy and click on next.
- Now click on local backup and click on next.
- Then Choose the location of the company file backup from the “Look In:” bar.
- Select the backup, and keep in mind that it ends with .Qbb extension.
- Click on Open and after it clicks the Next button.
- Now move to a save-in drop-down menu.
- Next search for the desired location wherein you want to restore the backup file.
- In the file name area, type the new desired name for a company file and check it should be automatically saved with .Qbw format.
- Now click on yes and confirm the process.
Approach 2 – Make a new file from Scrape
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop
- Now while you open the No Company Open window, click to create a brand new company.
- Subsequently, you need to fill in all of the required info.
- Click on Create company
- Start operating by creating customers, chart of account and more.
Approach 3 – Use QB auto-recovery to get lost records
- To recover the lost data you need to create again the lost transactions using the latest Transaction Log file and a copy of the company document.
- Next, you have to recreate the whole records to depart the data that created only sometime earlier. Use the company record and Transaction Log report to finish the task.
Approach 4 – Use Stellar repair
Observe the below to remove the QuickBooks errors 6150:
- Install the software program, and Open it. Now select the document option (to open the corrupt company file).
- Now, start the scanning procedure, you need to open the scan file.
- Subsequent, verify the document content material with the Preview of data available- company statistics and customer, worker, supplier, and other facts.
- Select the Browser button and select the location for the new company report.
- Subsequently, you have to choose the QB version and click on the start.
These are some common ways to fix the QuickBooks error 6150. If these methods do not work then you should find a QuickBooks proadvisor. Proadvisor will provide you best and point to point solution for the error. it will be much time saving for you.