QuickBooks Desktop application is your solution for adequately managing your day-to-day accounting work. You can easily store the data of your transactions, create & manage invoices, and, with the help of updated Tax tables, calculate taxes. All in all, it’s the perfect accountant’s application suited for their role.
But there are instances when you will face QuickBooks Error C=51 while trying to move txlist or transactions from a report. So here we will look at the root cause of the problem and the efficient solutions to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code c=51.
What is QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
QuickBooks Error Code C=51 usually is observed when you try to remove txList from the list of other txLists, and later you can’t find it. Also, you might face it when trying to remove transactions from a report.
Whenever you encounter this error, a message will pop up on your screen stating- “QuickBooks can’t find the TxList from the list of txLists.”
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code c=51
There are several reasons which can invoke error code C=51 while using QuickBooks Desktop on your system:
- Unusual deletion of transactions from the txLists.
- Your QuickBooks transaction log file (.TLG) is in the same folder as the corrupt QBW file.
- Presence of corrupted QuickBooks Data File (.QBW) on your system.
- Your system is under attack by a virus or malware.
- There might be a poor internet connection or frequent breakdowns.
- The backup QuickBooks Data files like “.QBW” or. “QBB” or. “QBM” have become older.
Symptoms/Signs of QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Here are some of the symptoms which you might notice right before you face the QuickBooks Error Code C=51:
- There might be some interruption in the connection
- You are trying to access the lost transactions
- The QuickBooks Data is either damaged or corrupt.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error Code c=51
The following methods are for resolving the QuickBooks error message C=51:
Method 1: Restore the lost transactions using the “Audit Trail.”
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and head to the “Reports” menu.
- Under the “Reports” menu, choose “Accountant and Taxes” and click on the audit trail.
- If the transactions were lost because of a technical problem, you could restore the data using the QuickBooks Backup (.QBB) file.
- While using the QuickBooks Backup (.QBB) file, ensure the backup file is up to date.
Method 2: Verify and Rebuild the Data
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop application and head to the “Files” menu.
- Under the “Files” menu, choose “Utilities.”
- Now, tap on the “Verify Data” option.
- If the pop-up message says – “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data,” then your data is intact. Therefore, you don’t need to act further.
- If you receive the message – “Your Data Has Lost Integrity,” your data is damaged, and you must follow the steps ahead to rebuild your data.
Follow the steps mentioned below to rebuild your data:
- Again, go to the “Files” menu and choose the “Utilities” option.
- Now, click on “Rebuild Data.”
- First, hit the “OK” tab to back up your company file.
- Then, select the location where you want to save the backup file, and tap on the “OK” button.
- Finally, click the “OK” button when you receive that “Rebuild has completed.”
- After the data rebuild is complete, you have to “Verify Data” again and check for other data damage.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- First, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub to access the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Look for the files which are contributing to the issue.
- Wait till the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool fixes the issue and performs the necessary steps to troubleshoot the problem.
At this point, now you know everything related to the QuickBooks Error Code C=51. Take note of all the reasons and symptoms so that you don’t avoid them shortly. Follow the methods mentioned here step-by-step, and feel free to connect with our QuickBooks error support team of experts who have compiled these troubleshooting techniques.
You can also contact the support Team and seek help by simply reaching them via Live chat option or give a call on 1-800-615-2347.