Initially, it was a covered caravan-carriage, the movement of which was carried out by a team of horses. Since 1745, the mobile home has played an important role in the development of the interior of the North American continent. The first settlers had to move a lot in search of a suitable place during the colonization of remote areas.
Mass production of modern mobile homes became possible with the arrival of the auto industry in the late 1920s. A number of companies have actively taken up the production of houses – trailers and trailers. During the 1920s and 30s, a motor home was in high demand in the United States.
Camping clubs were mushrooming all over the country, despite dirt roads and limited camping opportunities. The largest campground in 1922 was the campground in Denver, which had 800 campgrounds, a nine-hole golf course, a hairdresser and a movie theater. Another great campground is Oregon Coast Camping.
What is the reason for the increasing popularity and interest of the population in mobile homes today?
- First, recent changes in the global economy have made life on wheels more attractive due to the rise in the cost of residential housing.
- Secondly, there are people who do not want to devote most of their time to work in a traditional workplace.
- Thirdly, and this is the most important thing, many people just want to realize their life dream of being able to travel. Refusing stationary summer cottages, daredevils buy trailers and hit the road. A mobile home allows you to see as many beautiful places as possible during your vacation, especially since the choice of a motorhome is not limited to one design option.
Mobile home – pros and cons.
Living in a vacation car may seem like a fun adventure, but there are some challenges and challenges you will have to face when moving from an apartment to a mobile home permanent residence. We’re going to discuss the pros and cons of living in a trailer to help you choose between a regular home and an auto home.
Pros of owning a motor home
- Freedom. RV life gives you the freedom to move in any direction. There is no need to stay in one place. Don’t like the winter season in your city? Start the engine and head to another city to spend a couple of months in warm regions.
- You can travel at an affordable price. RV living allows you to move around the country with a minimal budget. Traveling with a trailer trailer will save you thousands of rubles on air tickets and hotel reservations. What’s more, you don’t have to worry about suitcases with clothes and other essentials, as all your belongings will be close at hand.
- Idle buying and selling a motor home. Buying or selling a house or apartment can take months. The paperwork and finding the right options can be time-consuming. On the other hand, if you don’t like your mobile home, you can easily sell it in a couple of weeks and buy a new one.
- Reduced utility bills. By living in a motor home, you will not have to pay high utility bills. If you are traveling with the whole family, you may need a motorhome gasoline generator. With its help, it is easier to provide power supply to various electrical appliances. The gasoline generator is a compact mobile power plant with a capacity of up to 18 kW. A good copy costs from 25,000 to 50,000 rubles. The generator will provide you with the energy you need according to your needs.
- There is no property tax. Since owning and living in a mobile home does not count as owning a home, you do not need to pay property tax.
- Easy to maintain. Dimensions and living space are smaller compared to a conventional home. Therefore, it is easy to keep it clean and clean it yourself. You don’t have to tinker with spring cleaning all Saturday or hire a maid on weekends. Thus, you will again save money, and most importantly, time and hassle.
Cons Of Mobile Home
While the benefits of living in a mobile home sound very compelling, there are a number of issues to consider.
- High gas costs. In any case, less gas is emitted, since there is no heating system. However, the amount of gas you spend on your RV can overstep certain budget limits.
- You cannot fit all things inside. Unlike a stationary home or apartment with a large area, where you can install the latest large-sized refrigerator or large LCD TV, the mobile home has some limitations. Due to the small size of the trailer, it may not be possible to fit everything you want in it.
- Tiny bathrooms. Bathrooms and toilets inside a RV are usually very small. Due to the limited space, they are not very comfortable. If your trailer does not have a bathroom, you will have to regularly use communal baths or commercial showers, which is definitely not convenient.
- Outside noises. While living in the house, you can close the door and windows of your room. If you are worried about outside noises in the room, soundproofing can be done. However, in a mobile home, it is difficult to deal with constant street noise or dog barking. Unless, of course, you are staying for the night at the edge of the forest.
- Problem with mail delivery and delivery. The mobile van does not have a proper residential address, so you are more likely to run into problems receiving and sending letters.
- Car maintenance. Since you are constantly on the move, it is imperative to keep your mobile home in good working order. It is necessary to take care of refueling, engine oil and maintenance schedule. On the one hand, you save on utility bills, on the other hand, car maintenance and road taxes eat up the bulk of the money saved. If your mobile home is old and thoroughly worn outIt it becomes especially expensive to operate.
If you decide not to buy a motorhome visit this page https://www.articleritz.com/best-hotels-in-new-york-city/
Who Benefits From Buying A Mobile Home?
Those wishing to buy a motor home can theoretically be divided into three categories.
Firstly, these are tourists who do not seek to conquer the “taiga lands”, but simply want to comfortably spend their weekends in nature. This group prefers to spend their free time not arranging the tent life, but to devote it to rest.
The second group – travelers to near and far abroad. Mainly in the European Union, where a network of campgrounds is well developed. For them, a mobile home is not only a means of transportation, but also an opportunity to save substantial sums for hotels. Plus, they don’t have to look for vacancies during high season and worry about early bookings.
Thirdly, these are the happy owners of suburban land plots. A mobile home is a great way out in solving the problem of quickly equipping a temporary home. Often temporary, it becomes permanent.
Of the three groups, the easiest way to decide on the purchase of a mobile home is for summer residents. This is usually a trailer that is not on the move. No need to worry about the technical condition and possible breakdowns on the road. A suitable cottage on wheels is installed permanently. In extreme cases, it moves a couple of times a year, at the beginning and at the end of the season. The purchase can be made within 2000 $. Agree, this is a rather modest budget for a comfortable country house.
For the rest, the amount of the budget depends on many factors, we can definitely say that you will not be able to buy a cheap good house on wheels. The owner of a mobile home becomes a full-fledged owner of his own life. Independence and a high degree of freedom of movement are accompanied by a decent level of comfort. It’s worth paying for. Let’s see together what makes up the price of a motorhome.