MSRM US302 Wi-Fi 300Mbps Dual external antennas –
The use of wifi-enabled cell-phones to access the internet away from the PC is increasing day-by-day. Communication is increasing significantly and new modes of connections are being developed from time to time. To make work easier during lock down MSRM extender is here to help us work from home.
THREE MODES OF MSRM WIFI REPEATER
This wireless extender also provides you three modes.
The first mode is Access Point Mode when connected directly to your internet connection it will create for you a wireless network for all your WiFi devices. The second mode is called Repeater mode which simply increases the range and speeds your WiFi networks signals. This mode is for those who already have a working router at home and the third mode is Wireless router Mode which creates an instant private wireless network but when you don’t have an existing router and only a connection of modem, this mode will turn the Extender into a router.
MSRM US302 Extender configuration-
MSRM US302 Range Extender setup via a browser
Just follow the steps for MSRM US302 extender setup. Then you will be able to resolve the issue.
- Put your extender halfway between your router and place where you want to aid the wifi.
- Wait for the power lights to turn stable on MSRM repeater, now get your hands on your phone, laptop/computer, etc.
- Go into your WiFi list and look for MSRM default network name there. It might say “Wireless-N” or “Wireless-AC”.
- Connect to the network name, for the first time it doesn’t require any password and will show NO INTERNET once you are connected to it.
- Now once you open a browser the ap.setup will appear if not then type http://ap.setup or http://192.168.10.1 in the address bar or URL of browser.
- Select mode as extender/repeater and hit next.
- You are asked for a username and password type” admin”.
- Then select the network you like to extend and type its password.
- Complete the setup and then MSRM US302 repeater will reboot which takes a minute.
- Try to connect your devices with the new network that you created.
2) MSRM Extender US302 Range setup via WPS
- This is the easiest and only takes around 15 seconds. You just have to first plug the extender from where the router is.
- Once the power LED turns static repeater push the WPS button present on it and it’ll look like two arrows rotating in a circle.
- Now within a minute or two push the WPS on the router and you will see lights will be blinking on both the devices.
- After successful configuration, the WPS on the router will stop blinking and on the extender, it will turn solid.
- Go to your WiFi list connect your devices to the newly created extender network with the same password as a router.
Configuration of us302 Repeater as an Access Point
For better speed transmission and you need ethernet cable according to your requirement like if you want to keep this extender 10 feet away from the extender then use 10 feet long cable now plug one end of ethernet into the extender and the other in the LAN port on the router.
- Connect your laptop/phone to the repeater’s wifi network i.e. MSRM network name from list.
- After connection open browser and type IP address 192.168.10.1 in the URL of browser.
- Now on setup page type ADMIN for both username and password.
- Select the mode as an Access point once asked on-screen and click continue.
- Type name you want for the access point, its password its security type and click next.
- Then it will apply the settings and will reboot for a minute.
- You need to connect the devices with this new access point and you are done.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS(FAQ’S)-
Q)How do I restore factory settings on msrm us302 repeater?
A)Hold the reset button for 5 seconds while the power is on.
Q)The wifi light is not flickering, could this cause in issue connect?
A)It has two lights, one solid green and one that flickers that let you know that it’s transmitting data.
Q) What should I do if I forget the login name and password of the msrm device?
A) Click the reset button and wait for 5 seconds to reset the WIfi extender again.
Q)I installed this successfully but getting the same speed I was getting before extender.what is the issue?
A)The extender can extend the router’s wifi signal’s distance, but not speed.