QuickBooks error 6150 takes place once a QB user tries to form, open, or use QuickBooks company file. This error code belongs to error code series 6000, which includes errors associated with company file access. you may receive an error message now once it occurs- We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. The error: 6150 depicts that the company file has some problems that require to be fixed. This blog will assist you to know the error at the side of its troubleshooting answer completely.
Possible causes for QuickBooks Error 6150
- The company file is broken and you making an attempt to take the backup of the same
- The QuickBooks setup is damaged
- Making an attempt to open a portable file, however the software wasn’t open
- The QuickBooks company file extension was modified
- You may be making an attempt to restore a QuickBooks for Macintosh backup file for Windows
- Malware infection can corrupt Windows system files
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6150
Error 6150 in QuickBooks crashes an active window within the initial place. alternative symptoms of the error may be determined as-
- Instant error message on the screen with error code 6150
- Active window crashes as shortly because the error happens
- The system crashes when you are attempting to open a similar program
- The standard performance of the pc gets down
Ways to solve QuickBooks Error 6150
Solution 1: Restoring Backup
- The first step is to visit the QuickBooks and then tap on the file, along with that open or Restore Company.
- After that, the user is required to apply to restore a backup copy and hit the Next option
- Moving ahead, the user needs to opt for the local backup and then hit the Next tab. Followed by, selecting the location of the company file backup.
- Once done with that, the choose the backup option, which would be available with .qbb extension.
- The next step is to tap on the open and Next button respectively.
- Now that you have completed the above steps, it is time to visit the save-in drop-down menu and browse for a preferred location to restore the backup file.
- Type a new Company file name and then look whether the save has field has saved it automatically in .qbw format or not.
- Move to the next step by clicking on Yes.
- And the last step is to type Yes to confirm the overwrite process.
Solution 2: Open Company File from a Different Location
If you can open the company file from a different location successfully, it means that the location of the company file is damaged and needs to be repaired. Create a new folder on your desktop and then copy and move the company file in the newly created folder. Then move the file back to its original location.
Solution 3: Create a new QuickBooks File
- First, you need to open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Create a new company name on the no company open window.
- Then you need to go to the QB setup windows.
- In the window provide the information asked related to your company file.
- After providing all the information correctly.
- Click on the create company option to create a new company for the QuickBooks.
For more troubleshooting for QuickBooks Error Code 6150, user can visit us on the internet and connect with QuickBooks Helpdesk through email or live chat. Users can also opt for a quick rectification through our QB Helpdesk Number i.e. +1(855)548-3394.