Have you encountered Error 3371: QuickBooks couldn’t load the license data or Error 3371 Status code 11118 on your QuickBooks when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop.? This kind of error message might pop-up on the screen, when any of the company file is either missing or damage. As per the recent reports, many QuickBooks users face this issue and consider it to be one of the most daunting task. Well, need not to worry anymore, as we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the triggers, as well as the quick fixes to the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118.
When the user re-configures the desktop or setup the QuickBooks company file for the very first time, this type of error could be encountered. An outdated windows operating system might end up in this kind of issue. Not only this, but also a damaged or missing windows component can be the reason behind the occurrence of any such error. The user might even have an antivirus program that would block the QuickBooks files.
Getting rid of this error becomes easy with the processes mentioned in this article. However, for instant support, the user can ring up at our toll-free number and speak to our QuickBooks error technical support team.
Brief into QuickBooks Error 3371
No doubt, this error might interrupt you to do any work and also can be a frustrating one for you. When you wish to activate or open QuickBooks desktop , you may see one of the following error message on your screen:
Generally, these error may be caused by missing or damaged files. The file damage is most probable to occur due to improper shutdown, while the software is open. There can be various other facts related to QuickBooks error code 3371.
Factors leading to QuickBooks Error Code 3371
Intuit makes it mandatory for the users to keep license information stored on the hard drive, and by any chance the user loses the info, file, or license data get corrupted, missing or damaged, this error is surely going to trouble the user.
While the user attempts to clone the information on the C:/ drive into another hard drive that is new, this type of error can appear. In such a situation, the user will require to delete entitlement file. Also, re-enter the license information to get rid of the issue without any further mess.
Following are some factors that may lead the QuickBooks error code 3371 in your system:
Missing File Qbregistration.dat: The installation file basically contains the license info that is stored on your hard drive, and if this files gets damaged somehow, then it is probable to get this type of error. Intuit tries to spot this particular file, whenever it is active.
- Damaged or lost MSXML component: Talking about MSXML, it is one of the vital components offered by Microsoft, and is required by QB desktop for running on the system. If by any means this essential file gets damaged, then it becomes extremely difficult for the users to accessing the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Interruption of Anti-Virus program might also end up in this type of issue.
- When the user makes an attempt to start up the file without saving it before, the probability to encounter this error increases.
- Crash com error can also be one of the causes behind the occurrence of this error code.
- QuickBooks error code 80029c4a can also be one of the causes behind this error.
- Incomplete windows update can lead to this error.
Points to remember
- The user is require to ensure that he/she has updated the Windows to the latest version.
- Another point to be remembered is to check whether you windows operating system is corrupted or not.
How to rectify QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
However, we have also stated below the elaborated manual steps to be follow, in order to tackle the error code with much ease.
Method 1: Delete the Ecml File
- To begin with, the user will be need to press the “window+R” keys on your keyboard.
- After that, a window will appear on the screen. And then Enter (or copy and paste) here C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Now, the user will be able to spot Window explorer as the next location.
- Moving ahead, the user will be needed to remove the ecml file. After that right click and select Delete option.
- Once done with that, close the window option.
- After completing the above step, Run QuickBooks, and then Register the product again. And it is expecting that this error would end with this method, or else move to the next process.
Method 2: Update your Windows OS
If your window is obsolete, or upgrades aren’t install, the error might persist even after carrying out the steps above. In such a case, the user will be require to follow the steps below:
- In this method, the user will have to click on the “Windows” or “Start” button.
- And then, click again to Check for updates.
- After the successful update, reinstall QuickBooks desktop again.
In case the problem still exists, the steps below might help.
- Fix common installation errors using the QuickBooks component repair tool
- Perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop
Method 3: Perform a Clean Install
- In case none of the methods worked in your favor, then try out the third method, and Install the latest Windows update.
- After that click on the “All Program” tab => “Windows Update” options respectively.
- The next step is to finish the Upgrades of all the windows updates and get ready to set-up QuickBooks software.
- For resolving those errors, follow the aforementioned steps which are describe as:
- Recreate damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file and solve the license & resolving registration problems.
- Click reinstall by performing a clean installation of QuickBooks desktop.
Method 4: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, you need to download QuickBooks Tool Hub and open it.
- After that choose the Installation Issues, In the tools hub
- Here you need to choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it.
- Let the tool run and detect the problem. [Note: This process will take take up to 20 minutes.]
- Once the tool finishes the task just restart your PC.
Still need help?
Troubleshooting Error code 3371 doesn’t involve any rocket science, simply implementing any of the above described methods can work well. However, if you are looking for immediate assistance for the QuickBooks error 3371: Status code 11118 or you feel that the above shown steps are effort & time consuming – we suggest you to contact the QuickBooks Desktop Tech support team.
Our team of experts and certified QuickBooks professionals will help you to deal with the issue with much ease. So, do not hesitate in contacting us today, we will be happy to help you.
Source Link: https://bit.ly/2yQgWEw