Know the important steps to rectify QuickBooks error QBWC1085
Have you ever heard about QuickBooks web connector? Or encounter QBWC1085 error? While operating QuickBooks enterprise solutions, users generally encounter error QBWC1085. In case you are a newbie QB user or if you don’t know much about the QuickBooks web connector, then reading this article might be a great help to you. In this article, we will be discussing the facts associated with QB web connector and also the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or Exception TypeError: Unknown name.
The user might see the following error messages, while opening the QuickBooks enterprise solutions or starting computer system:
- QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
- QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- Exception Type Error: Unknown name
Troubleshooting this error can be a bit problematic for many QB users. In such a case, the user can either go through the article till the end, or can also can get in touch with QuickBooks error support team, by dialing our toll-free number. We own a pool of experts and highly experienced professionals, who have an inside out knowledge of QuickBooks web connector errors.
Facts associated to QuickBooks Web connector and QBWC1085 error
Before jumping on to the troubleshooting section, it would be sensible enough to first briefly understand what is QuickBooks Web connector and also QBWC1085 Error. QuickBooks Web Connector is an application that is developed by Microsoft, so that the data sharing between the QuickBooks desktop and online hosted on the web becomes easy and hassle-free. Similar to other software, even QuickBooks Web connector error also encounters bugs and glitches, just like QBWC1085 error.
This error is triggered when the log file named QWCLOG.TXT gets damaged or corrupted by any chance . In today’s article, we will be discussing the causes and solutions to the QuickBooks error QBWC1085.
What causes QBWC1085 error in QuickBooks?
This kind of error can be mainly caused due to two reasons, namely:
- When QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program gets damaged due to some or the other reason.
- The next reason can be if the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program can’t be accessed due to a certain reason.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Web connector error QBWC1085
- If your QuickBooks software is not functioning properly, then you might face this kind of issue.
- Or, if the software freezes for a couple of minutes
- Another sign can be that the functions of web connector program are not working accordingly
- Also, if the user is not getting any response from the Windows
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Many QB users find it impossible to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or Exception Type Error: Unknown name, but to their surprise, this error can be resolved by following a few basic methods. So, let us have a look at those methods, one by one:
Method #1: Rename the QWCLOG.TXT file
- The first step in this method is to open the task-bar and then right-click the QuickBooks web connector icon.
- After that, click on the Exit option, followed by opening Windows File Manager.
- The next step is to visit the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ QBWebConnector\ log folder.
- Moving ahead, right click the QWCLOG.TXT file and then opt the rename option.
- Now, change the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and hit the Save option.
- Once done with that, the user is required to reopen the web connector program.
- And the final step in this method is to reboot the system, followed by reopening the QuickBooks and your 3rd party application.
Method #2: Remove Web Connector from the Startup menu
In case you are not connected to the QuickBooks to any 3rd programs, you can simply remove your Web Connector from the Startup menu.
- Firstly you need to login on your computer as Windows administrator.
- After that navigate to the following command C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Now delete the QuickBooks Web Connector file.
- Finally reboot your computer system and open the QuickBooks.
Method #3: Manually Resolve the probelm
- The first step in this method is to tap on the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- After that, Run window will appear on the screen.
- The next step is to type MSConfig and then hit OK button.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to tap on the Startup tab.
- Followed by search and marking the checkbox for QuickBooks web connector.
- After that, hit the Apply option and then also tap on OK button.
- The last and final step is to restart the computer and also check out if the QuickBooks web connector error gets rectified or not.
The above-stated steps will probably help the QB users to rectify the issue of the web connector. Fixing this issue becomes easy, if the user carries out any of the above stated steps. If by any chance the QuickBooks error QBWC1085 still persists, then it would be better to seek for technical assistance. All you need to do is to make call at our toll-free number, and then discuss the problem with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support experts.
We own a pool of experts and highly qualified professionals, who are well-versed in dealing with the errors associated with QuickBooks. Contacting our team will ensure the best support services round the clock. Thus, do not hesitate in talking to us, we will be happy to help you!