The process of creating an iOS app from scratch can be quite challenging and time-consuming, but if you know what you’re doing, it can be worth the effort in the end. If you don’t have time to create your own app or don’t have the technical expertise to do so, however, you may want to hire an iOS app developer to create the app for you instead. When looking for such a developer, here are some benefits to consider.
Why you should hire a professional developer?
As wonderful as it is that we have so many free and low-cost resources out there for learning how to code, they still don’t compare to having a professional app developer on your team. Here are a few reasons why:
1) A good iOS app developer can save you money
2) An experienced developer can save you time
3) Someone who knows what they’re doing can help you do what you want to do! Sounds pretty good, right? Still not convinced? Keep reading for more details.
4) Only write articles or posts based on headlines from relevant websites or other content creators (Cite them). Rewriting doesn’t include keyword stuffing but taking information from online sources without properly referencing them. EPIK Content Hub suggests citations can even help your site get higher in Google search rankings and improve click-through rates as readers will know where you got your information if they decide to follow up by reading those sources yourself.
Hire someone with extensive experience in your industry
Before you decide to hire a mobile app developer, make sure that he or she has experience working with apps in your industry. This way, they’ll be able to provide you with more valuable insight into what will and won’t work for your business. If possible, hire someone who’s already working on apps in your niche; they should have no problem pointing you in the right direction as far as app features are concerned. They might even have resources and know-how that could save you time and money down the road! Mobile applications can go through many different phases before being released to the public.
As such, it’s extremely important to have frequent meetings throughout development so everyone involved knows where things stand—from both technical and marketing standpoints. Having developers come up to speed on user behaviour while still at a conceptual stage makes it easier for them to develop functionality from scratch (which is exactly what you want if you can afford it). Once your app is live, proper testing is incredibly important because consumers get frustrated when an update introduces new bugs (especially if said bugs wreak havoc on their device). When dealing with code written by multiple parties—and potentially involving hardware that isn’t yours—preparation becomes all but impossible without thorough testing before launch.
5 Steps to finding the right iOS app developer
Finding and hiring good developers to build a custom iPhone app for your business can be stressful. So many questions! Who do I hire? How much should I pay? How do I know if they are any good? So, if you’re looking to create your own app or game, here’s our step-by-step guide to find and hire great developers:
1. Know what you want: Have you built apps before? Or are you completely new to it all? Do you just need something simple, like a simple check-in tool, or something complex like a GPS tracker in your rental car? Whatever your needs are for your app project, write them down. This will be important for when we begin approaching developers later on.
2. Make sure you’ve done your research: There are tons of websites out there that have lists of recommended developers to hire from. Check these sites out; look up other developers online; ask around with friends and colleagues who have hired app devs for their advice (if anyone’s had success with hiring app devs). Keep doing more research until you feel comfortable that you’ve found at least one developer who is capable of building exactly what you’re after.
3. Create a budget & stick to it: Create an accurate budget as early as possible so you don’t overspend. It may seem intimidating now, but having hard numbers will help keep you on track when hiring an ios app development company. The budget includes everything from hourly rates to one-time fees (such as development costs). Talk about money early with potential candidates–it’s less uncomfortable than having someone finish the job only to learn afterwards that your final payment doesn’t cover even half their fees.
4. Build & test a prototype: Building prototypes help give developers experience with your product and gives them clues about what features could change as the production goes forward—meaning less wasted time & resources during development
5. Trust your gut: What feels right? Does their portfolio speak to how experienced they are? Is meeting face-to-face going to be necessary? How quickly did they respond to emails & calls? All these factors matter and won’t go unnoticed by developers. So, while finding an app developer might seem like a long process of elimination, sometimes things happen quickly…for better or worse. Don’t hire someone whose work you don’t love, who makes you feel uncomfortable, or isn’t easy to get along with – it will never lead anywhere good.
How much does it cost?
The cost varies depending on a number of factors, such as location, type of application being developed and whether it’s for a mobile platform (iPad, iPhone or Android) or not. In general terms, however, you can expect to pay anywhere from $5K-$100K+ for something simple and straightforward. The bottom line: if you have a limited budget and time frame in which to work – you may want to think twice about hiring a professional developer.
Ask for references
If you’re thinking about hiring a mobile app developer, be sure to ask for at least a few references from other clients. This will help you confirm that they are who they say they are and that their work is up to par. A good company should have no problem providing you with client references, and one that hesitates or asks what exactly you want to talk to them about is probably not worth your time. You can also read some reviews on popular consumer review sites such as Yelp.
As always, do your homework when it comes to important matters like finding quality employees or contractors for your business; don’t get lazy because you think it’s easy money! Being cautious now could save you headaches later. And remember: reputation is everything in business. It really pays off to hire someone who does great work every time.
Don’t skimp on your budget
Good developers are expensive—it’s as simple as that. Finding low-cost freelancers may seem like a quick way to save some cash, but you don’t want to get stuck with someone who will deliver a half-baked product and leave you in the lurch. An in-house developer will be dedicated to your business full time, not just part-time. And what’s more, they have a vested interest in making sure your app succeeds. It’s better to work with fewer people on something great than lots of people on something mediocre.
Make sure you budget enough money for good design, coding and testing; if your budget is too small, ask yourself whether it makes sense to move forward at all.