You all are welcome on our website, “TechyHost,” a website for the latest news, entertainment, and a tech blog website that always keeps you updated by providing breaking tech news and videos straight from the industry. Today I am here with a new problem that is faced by a lot of people that use smartphones, laptops, etc. I am here at the request of our viewers and readers. Many of our followers asked us, “What to do when our IP Address is Blacklisted?”. So, before going on the topic, you need to understand two things: “What is an IP Address?” and “What happens if someone’s IP Address is blacklisted?”
So, without wasting your time, I am starting a topic, and please read it completely and don’t ignore it because it is important and necessary for everyone. So, be kind and keep patience for some time.
Let’s start our today’s topic with:-
1. What Is An IP Address?
I know this is a very basic thing, and everyone knows about it, but many of you are not aware of this. You must have come across a digit grouped together like 192.168.1.13 in your wifi settings. An IP add stands for Internet Protocol Address, which means an identifying number associated with a specific computer/phone or computer network that means every computer/mobile has a unique IP address. And when you are connected to the internet, the IP Add allows the computers/mobiles to send and receive information.
You can also track your Address and find your lost phone by Tracing it with its IP Address. You also watched in movies how Police track locations of Thieves and Criminals. They used the same thing.
IP address plays a significant role in sending out responses and information to come back to the previous page and navigating through different web pages. The internet service provider (ISP) first connects you to the network and then gives you access to the internet. But the Internet service provider or the ISP has your details of online logs and your history. If someone is engaged in illegal activities online, then a law enforcement agency can get a court order to get access to your information through your ISP, which will be used as evidence in court. I am giving some basic details of an IP Add. You can easily get more information regarding this and also if you want me to write something about this you can tell me in the comment section.
Moving on to our next heading:–
2. What happens if someone’s IP Address is blacklisted?
While in that case, a person has to face many problems. IP Address blacklisted means your access is denied to some websites or from the internets. You are not able to surf on the website whose admin blacklisted your IP Address. Your IP Address is blacklisted because of some reasons. These reasons are very simple as someone sends you to spam emails/SMS/calls and you blocked/blacklisted them in the same ways admins of diff. Websites blacklisted you if you send spam msgs/emails and try to attack their websites. Sometimes your computer contains Viruses and malware that tries to attack diff. Computers and websites through the internet.
So, now you understand what is happening. Now, we are ready to move ahead on our main topic:-
3. “What to do next if your IP Address is blacklisted? How to Remove your IP Address from it?”
I think at this time. Questions are starting to arise in your mind that “How to know your IP Address?” and “How to know if our IP Add is on a blacklist or not?”
So, don’t worry about that, I will give you every single detail and explain everything. Just be patient.
So, to know your IP Address, I will provide you a link to a website that will directly give you your IP Address.
Link To Know IP Address Is Here:-
(Copy your IP Add for Further proceedings)
Now, it’s time to find your IP Address is blacklisted or not and how to remove it from the list.
So, I will provide you with some methods to do the same.
The first method to do this is through the “Spamhaus.org” website.
Follow the simple steps:-
- Visit the Website Spamhaus.org. You can go through the website by searching on the web or by directly clicking on the link given below:-
Link of the Website:- https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
- After visiting the site through the link provided above. The site asks you for your IP Address So, enter your IP Address and click on the “Lookup” button.
- After this, it will provide you with “Blacklist Lookup Results.” In this, you see three colored headlines. The first is SBL, the Second one is of PBL, and the Third is of XBL. They may be in Green or Red color. The Red one indicates that your IP Address is on that Blacklist. If your IP Address is in the List of PBL and XBL both, you first have to remove it from XBL and then from PBL. If it is only in the PBL list, you only need to remove it from the PBL list.
- So, if your IP Add is in any list, they will give you a link below it. To remove it from the list, you have to click on the link.
- To remove your IP Add. from the XBL, you have to click on the link below. It will take you to the CBL Lookup window. After that, enter your copied IP address and fill in the Captcha when it asks that from you and Click on the Lookup button. Then, it will show you that your Address is listed in CBL. After this, Scroll down the page, and you will find a “Remove” button in the Self-removal section. Click on that, and it will give you a msg “Your IP address is removed from CBL List.” After that, you can recheck it if you want. (Sometimes it will take some time, so don’t worry about it)
- To remove your IP Address from the PBL list:-
- Click on the link below the PBL. It will ask you for some more details than XBL.
- After clicking, it will take you to a new page. Now, scroll down the page and click on the “Remove IP from PBL” button in the ‘Removal Procedure’ section.
- After this, a new page will appear after reading the point written on the page. Click on the check button and Move forward by clicking on the “Remove IP Address.”
- After this, a new window will appear. On that, fill in your IP Address, Email Address, Country and, fill the Captcha and go for the submit button. After that, your removal request is submitted. Now, it is up to them.
So, guys, the 2nd Method to do the same is through the mxtoolbox.com website.
Follow the simple steps:-
- Visit the site mxtoolbox.com by searching on the web, and after that, Go to the ‘Blacklists’ option in the menu bar, or you can directly go there by clicking the link given below:-
- Then, Enter your IP address and click on the “Blacklist” check button.
- After it will provide you all the lists from where you can see how many blacklists your IP Add is listed.
- To remove your IP add from the lists, you need to follow the same procedure.
So, to remove your IP from any of the lists:-
- Click on the ‘Details’ button in front of it.
- After that, a new window will appear, in that you have to find the ‘Reason for listing.’ After finding it Copy the link in front of it. And open it in a new window.
- After that, give your IP add and verify Captcha and click on ‘Lookup IP Reputation.’ After that, click on the ‘Click Here’ link.
- A new box will appear. In the box, fill your IP add, Email Address, Phone Number, and your Reason for Removal and fill Captcha.
- Then Go for the ‘Submit Request’ button. And your request will be submitted.
So, that’s it, guys. If you get any problem with any of the methods, you can try the other one.
And if you have any doubt, leave them in the comment section. And if you like the article then, follow us. We will always keep you updated with tech news and videos.