Are you planning a holiday trip to Australia? There will be several options available, depending on your conditions and how long you will like to stay in Australia. If your trip is short, say for three months, then a free visitor visa will do. This type of visa is usually processed instantly or on the day. But, if you intend to spend a longer duration, you have to apply for the Sponsored Visitor Visa Subclass 600. If you choose this visa option, you should be well aware of the related facts and the whole application procedure. In this article, we discuss several important points on Visa 600.
Important Things You Should Know About Visitor Visa 600
Tourist Visa Subclass 600 will be applicable to usually four types of visits to Australia. You can use it for a holiday trip or a business trip. Your family can sponsor it. Or, it can be applied if you’re part of an organized tour from China.
Though each of the purposes has particular requirements, some basic things about this visa are as follows.
- It will be for a visitor for a business-related purpose.
- The visa can be granted for up to three to twelve months, depending on your needs.
- The basic charge of application is from AUD 130 to AUD 335.
- If you have a specific passport, you can apply for a cheaper or even free visa.
- The eVisitor Visa Subclass 651 is a free visa. But, your passport should be from a specific country.
- AUD 20 is required as the service charge for the Electronic Travel Authority Subclass 601. Here again, you have to be a passport holder of a specific country.
- 75% of the Visitor Visa 600 applications get processed within four months, while 90% of them take about 13 months to get processed.
How Can You Apply For The Visa?
- You have to go through several steps to apply for a Tourist Visa 600. Therefore, before you use it, we recommend that you gather all the supportive documents in one place. The papers will include:
- Any identity proof, preferably your passport.
- Any proof about your genuineness as a tourist. This proof may be your bank statement copy showing that you have enough funds to support your stay in Australia, a letter from any member of the family residing in Australia confirming that you are visiting, and they may give financial support.
- You may also add other documents like a letter from your employing company mentioning your plan to return to your work, evidence of you studying at any school or college in your home country, or proof that you have family members in the home country so that you go back after your trip ends.
- You may also include evidence of holding significant assets in the home country.
- If you have any documents not written in English, you should get them translated.
- If you want help at a specific stage of the application, you may ask ISA Migrations for a registered migration agent Perth to help you with professional guidance.
Features of the Visitor visa (subclass 600)
This visa lets you visit Australia:
- to visit or for business visitor purposes
- for up to three, six, or 12 months.
The base application charge for this visa ranges from AUD135 to AUD340.
If you hold a certain passport, you might be able to apply for a free or cheaper visa.
The eVisitor (subclass 651) visa is free. You must be a passport holder of a certain country.
The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa has an AUD20 service charge. You must be a passport holder of a certain country.
You might be able to get this visa if you are traveling to Australia:
- as a visitor
- for business visitor activities
- to visit family
- on a tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.
While each purpose has its own specific requirements, the following are some of the basic things about this visa:
- It is for a visit or for business purposes
- For up to three, six, or 12 months
- The base application charge for this visa ranges from AUD130 to AUD335
- If you hold a certain passport, you might be able to apply for a free or cheaper visa
- The eVisitor (subclass 651) visa is free. You must be a passport holder of a certain country
- The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa has an AUD20 service charge. You must be a passport holder of a certain country
Three Different Streams Of Visitor Visa 600
Here we discuss three types of purposes in which you can get Visa 600. The essential checklist for the Visitor Visa 600 is more or less the same for all three purposes. You must meet all the health and character requirements at the time of lodgement. Also, you need to provide evidence that you hold enough money to support yourself in Australia. Regarding health, you have to manage your health expenses while staying in Australia. You will not get the coverage under Medicare, Australia’s national health scheme, except your country, has any reciprocal health care agreement with the Australian government. So, you need to arrange for health insurance every time you will travel to Australia.
Both Family-Sponsored Visa and Business Visa will allow you to enter only once in Australia. If you plan to come back here after you leave, you should apply for a new visa. As long as the visa remains valid, you can travel to and from the country as many times as you wish.
A Family Sponsored Visa
The Sponsored Family Visa will allow you to travel to Australia for visiting your family. You should have a sponsor who may have to provide a bond in support of that. At the time of application, as well as the decision, you should be outside Australia. You should also provide evidence that you are visiting your family and not intend to do any other things.
Number of visits granted on this visa
- You might be allowed to enter only once. If so, you will need to apply for a new visa if you want to return to Australia again after you leave.
- You might be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid, but the total time you spend in Australia should not exceed the period of stay that you have been granted.
Business Visa Stream
This stream will allow you to take a short business trip to Australia. The business trip may be a general business trip or for a public employment inquiry, attending a conference, or making some negotiations. For this stream also, you have to be outside Australia while applying.
At the time of application, you have to show that you will visit Australia only for business purposes. The Department will check your business background and genuineness of the reason for your traveling to Australia. As per the visa obligations, you should not do any job or provide services to any Australian business or sell goods directly to the general Australian public. No sponsor is required.
This visa is for people who are on a holiday trip. The checklist for this Visa 600 stream is the same as Sponsored Family Stream or Business Visa Stream. Only, the Department may want to see any evidence of holding a 12 months health insurance cover.
There are some added benefits of a Holiday Visa. It will allow you to study in Australia for a maximum of 3 months and work as an unpaid volunteer.
Hope this article answers all of your queries. Still, if you need professional help, you may get in touch with ISA Migrations, assigning a qualified immigration agent from Perth for need-specific guidance.