Over time, the public demand and expectation for a high-quality digital product have increased drastically. This has made quick and efficient development a necessity instead of an option. That is where PHP web development services come into the picture.
If you want to build a large-scale app, then these frameworks are your best friends. They not only offer efficiency and ease but also scalability and security. In this article, we will discuss these frameworks one by one.
Best PHP Frameworks for Building Large-Scale Applications
The following is the list of frameworks that will help you in building large-scale applications for your business.
The tremendous popularity of this framework is due to its ability to handle complex online applications with increased security and performance. It also makes the development process easier by lowering the complexity of typical activities. These include sessions, routing, queuing, and authentication.
Why You Should Use Laravel
- Laravel is popular among developers because it has a large ecosystem that includes a quick hosting and deployment infrastructure.
- It also includes a screencast training on the official Laravel website which is a goldmine for developers.
- Homestead, a Vagrant box (pre-configured development environment) is a part of the framework that makes development easier.
- A robust encryption package, overloading features via dynamic methods, and a tonne of out-of-the-box functionalities are among the other characteristics.
- Because there is so much documentation and online Laravel tutorials to learn from, learning Laravel is simple.
It would help if you hire PHP programmers who are experts in the Laravel framework.
Symfony has been around for a lot longer than most PHP frameworks. This indicates that it has earned the validation of developers for over a decade and has matured with time. The framework is the only one that completely adheres to PHP and web standards. Popular content management systems like Drupal, OroCRM, and PHP Bulletin Board incorporate Symfony components.
Why You Should Use Symphony
- Symphony is popular among developers because it includes reusable libraries and components.
- It can also perform a range of tasks. That includes authentication, templating, object configuration, etc. when it comes to large-scale enterprise projects.
- The Symfony environment is vast, with a vibrant programming community and a plethora of online Symfony tutorials to help developers.
Therefore, if you want to choose a PHP framework for your application, Symphony is one of the best options. It emerges as the clear winner among PHP frameworks because of the reasons mentioned above.
CodeIgniter is a compact framework noted for its simple design. It is easy to install with few configuration requirements. It is a small but powerful framework that includes documentation. It’s ideal for creating dynamic websites because it has many pre-built modules. These modules aid in the creation of reliable and reusable components too.
Why You Should Use CodeIgniter
- Its flawless operation on shared and dedicated hosting platforms adds to its appeal. When compared to other frameworks, it is also significantly faster.
- It is the greatest solution for designing lightweight applications and runs on minimal servers because it has robust performance and faster speed.
- Simple security, encryption steps, quick error handling, and minimal PHP adoption problem are just a few of its additional characteristics. These aspects make it popular among every PHP website development company.
It has the capacity to adapt to change and keep up with time which is why this ten-year-old framework is still one of the most popular. With each succeeding edition, it has incorporated new features that make sure that the user base doesn’t reduce.
Why You Should Use CakePHP
- Its most recent version added features including better modularity and the ability to develop additional standalone libraries.
- Frameworks like CakePHP are strong choices for business application projects. Cross-site request forgery protection, SQL injection prevention, and cross-site scripting protection are only a few of the features.
- Other advantages include proper class inheritance, validation, and quick builds.
Phalcon is a full-stack PHP framework that was created in C and C++.
Why You Should Use Phalcon
- Speed is critical for developers who work with projects without a lot of overhead. The Phalcon framework’s most notable characteristic is its lightning speed.
- Since 2012, the framework has been updated on a regular basis with several enhancements in recent releases.
Zend is built on the agile technique. It aims to develop top-notch applications at an enterprise level. Besides, it’s the reason why PHP web application development has become relatively simple. The framework is entirely object-oriented. Its top priorities include speed, security, and performance. Zend has a lot of customizability. It adheres to PHP’s best practices which are great for developers who want to add project-specific features.
Why You Should Use Zend
- The apps made with its help are scalable because of features like interfaces and inheritance.
- It has many components for activities like authentication, services, forms, and much more because of its focus on enterprise applications.
- It includes many features that make a developer’s job considerably easier.
- Zend framework comes with online debugging tools, coding tools, and a drag-and-drop editor. It also has a scalable interface which makes it ideal for complicated projects.
Slim is a PHP framework that can build powerful web applications. It is a micro-framework with the goal of being ideal for applications that don’t require the functionalities of a full-stack framework. It will make the work of a PHP web development agency much easier.
Why You Should Use Slim
- Slim, despite its simplicity, is jam-packed with useful features. That includes URL routing, session, and cookie encryption, and client-side HTTP caching.
- It has the ability to ‘flash’ data between HTTP requests too.
- Developers who want to create RESTful APIs and services frequently use the framework.
- It is incredibly user-friendly thanks to a large user base and ongoing maintenance and updates.
The best PHP framework is the one that fulfills all your project requirements, and FuelPHP could be it. At the framework architecture level, FuelPHP is a flexible and adaptable PHP framework.
It is not restricted to the fundamental Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern but also the Hierarchical-Model-View-Controller (HMVC). It inserts a new class called Presenter between the Controller and View layers. That way, it houses the logic required for view generation.
Why You Should Use FuelPHP
- FuelPHP is a security-focused framework. It addresses security concerns with a number of features which includes input and URI filtering as well as output encoding.
- HMVC implementation, URL routing system, caching system, and vulnerability protection are among the framework’s many additional features.
- FuelPHP is well-suited to delivering end-to-end web solutions of all sizes and levels of complexity.
PHP frameworks make the development process easier and reduce the amount of time it takes to create beautiful apps. Every framework on this list has its own collection of features. Moreover, they all differ in terms of documentation and community support. So the optimal framework will be determined by your project requirements. What’s more, apart from being useful for building large apps, they also have features like security, scalability, and ease of use.
So, before you pick a framework, make sure you know what you need. Our PHP development company can help you choose the best framework to build a large-scale app. We understand how important your project is for you and will leave no stone unturned to ensure your business’ success.