One of the most stressful situations you can find yourself in is moving on short notice. The fear of losing a place to live is not something that everyone can deal with. However, there is no reason to panic. Dealing with moving on short notice will be a piece of cake if you follow a couple of easy steps. The goal of this article is to teach you how to relocate in less than 30 days. Whether you are moving from an apartment to a house or vice versa, there are some things you should know.
Dealing with moving on short notice
Before we get to anything else, there are a couple of truths that you will just have to accept:
- you have to move, there is no delaying it
- the process is difficult, but it can be done
- you are not alone in this
- it will cost some money
Understanding these realities will help you to quickly get on your feet. When in tough situations, people start to despair, and it makes everything even worse. As soon as you accept the reality of what is happening, you can shake it off and start working on the solution.
Make a plan
As with everything else in your life, it is essential to make a plan. An important time of the plan will be your time management. If you wish to relocate in less than 30 days, making a schedule is crucial.
You have to set the deadlines for every task and make sure you don’t break it. Your biggest enemy here is time. Here are a couple of things to think about:
- how much money do you have at the moment
- do you have a place to stay
- make a list of all your belongings for packing
- will you move on your own, or hire a relocation company
Once you know the answers to these questions, it will be a lot easier to create a solid plan with a high percentage of success.
Dealing with the money
When it comes to relocating in less than 30 days, you will have to be careful with money. First of all, pay for all the bills you have left. Second, get in touch with your landlord and take the deposit back, if there ever was one. Next, it is important to find a moving cost calculator. You must calculate all of your expenses, so you can allocate enough money for everything.
One of the best tips is to avoid spending money on anything that is not of importance for the relocation.
Finding a place to stay
The biggest reason for fear when it comes to dealing with moving on short notice is because you don’t have a place to stay. For that reason, reach out to any friends or family you have that could help you out. Finding a temporary place to stay is crucial because it takes a good amount of pressure from your back.
It is also smart to look for alternatives, you never know what will happen. That’s why you should ask two or three friends as a reserve. With that being said, be careful to not overextend your welcome. If you make an arrangement for a week or two, honor your part of the deal. Do not lose your friends over this.
An important note, use all the free time to look for a new house or apartment.
Start packing on time
If you wish to have a cost-effective relocation from Florida, you should be smart about packing. If you have a deadline, you should not waste any time. First of all, throw away anything you don’t need. By not packing unnecessary items will save a precious amount of time.
Second, if you are on a budget, hiring movers to help out is probably not something you are thinking about. Nevertheless, it is possible to find affordable movers for special situations like this one. I will talk about that a bit more in a few moments. First, it is crucial to see what can you do on your own.
You are not alone in this!
As I mentioned before, asking friends or family for help is necessary for multiple reasons. Not only you will find a place to stay, but they can also help with the moving process. Getting assistance is one of the essential things you should know about when moving to another place.
There is nothing better than finding a few friends to help you pack and move your boxes. You can even find someone with a car, to help you carry your stuff to the next destination. And if it comes to it, you can always ask for a quick loan.
Hiring a relocation company
There are a lot of moving companies that specialize in short-notice moves. Finding the Best Cross Country Movers in the business is the way to move quickly and efficiently. Even if you decide to do a DIY move, having a backup does not hurt.
As I mentioned earlier, everything is in preparation and knowing what to expect.
Here is how to relocate in less than 30 days
In the end, I would like to give you a short example of how to organize your short-notice relocation.
- The first week – Pick your preferred way of moving. Decide whether you wish to do a DIY move, or hire relocation specialist. Even if you choose to move on your own, look for alternatives in case of need. Furthermore, get rid of all the stuff you don’t need. During the first week call a couple of friends to find a place to stay, or to find a vehicle for the move and assistance for packing.
- The second week – Time to pay the bills. If you have any unpaid bills with your landlord, cover them on time. You don’t want that burden sitting on your back. Make a financial plan and see how much money you need to allocate for everything. Start organizing your belongings for packing. Furthermore, start looking for a new apartment.
- The third week – It is packing time. You have two weeks until the move, so make sure you have everything ready on time. Leave a couple of essentials you will need, and call your friends to help with pack everything else. Also, call to doublecheck if the vehicle will be ready for the moving day.
- The fourth week – The moving day is getting closer. Make sure everything is packed. Inspect the place to make sure everything is good before you return the keys to the owner. The day before the move you should prepare the food for the road, and call your friend to confirm the time for tomorrow.
The moving day
If everything went well, hopefully, you will be ready for the moving day. Four hard weeks are behind you, but everything is finished on time and you are ready to go. I really hope that this little guide helped you in dealing with moving on short notice, and showed you how to relocate in less than 30 days. Good luck!