If you are a new Canon printer user, then you may not know how to connect it to your computer system. Thus, here we have come up with a guide to How do I connect my Canon printer to my laptop There are two methods to setup or connect your Canon printer to a computer, depending on the type of printer you are using. You can either connect your printer via USB cable or wireless network. Continue reading the content to know both the methods.
Connect Canon Printer to Computer via USB Cable
The easiest way to set up your Canon printer on the computer is via USB cable. If your printer doesn’t support a wireless connection, then this option is for you! First of all, you need to connect both the ends of your USB cable to the USB port of your printer and computer, respectively. Once the connection is established, install the printer software. You can now follow the given steps to set up your printer to a computer.
- Begin with clicking on the Windows Start menu
- Locate and click on the gear icon located at the top left corner side of your screen
- After clicking on Windows Settings, tap on the ‘labeled devices’ option.
- Then, tap on ‘Printers and Scanners’
- On the next window, click on ‘Add Printer and Scanner’
- Your printer will now scan the device and once you see the name of your printer, click on it. \
- Now, follow the on-screen guidelines to finish the installation process, and soon your printer will be set up on your computer.
Connect Canon Printer to Computer via Wireless Network
However, if your Canon printer supports a wireless network, you have to option to connect your printer to the computer through this method. Though some users may find this method a little complex, it gets easier with every step. So, read out the below-given instructions to know how to setup Canon printer to computer via a wireless network.
- Make sure your device is ready for configuration, and then connect it to your Wi-Fi network
- You will then see the notification about the networks available
- Tap on the setup page in order to adjust the wireless LAN settings
- Now locate and select your network SSID
- Enter your network password
- After that, click on the Windows Start menu and go to the Windows Settings
- Tap on the option for labeled devices
- Then, click on Printers and Scanners, followed by Add Printer and Scanner option
- Your printer will then begin to scan the device
- When the name of your printer pops up on your screen, click on it.
Hopefully, now you know how to connect your Canon printer to the computer. Once you are done with it, you can continue using your printer to print documents. However, if you encounter any issues while printing, you can reach out to the Canon customer support service.
How can I Connect my Canon Printer to my computer?
If you possess a printer, you may conduct various critical activities from the comfort of your own home. Several printers, including Canon printers, are available on the market that provides impressive printing capabilities. Canon printer is one of the most popular printers in the world, with millions of users. Various Canon printers are available, and consumers may pick according to their preferences. In addition, one can utilize the Canon printer’s printing functions on various devices, including smartphones and Computers. If you are facing any technical issue, one can seek How do I connect my Canon printer to my laptop? in the next step. To use these capabilities, however, you must first connect your Canon printer to your favorite computer or tablet.
Canon Printer and Computer Connection:
- To begin, switch off your Canon printer and connect the USB cable to the Printer connection panel with one end of the cable.
- Once you’ve done so, you’ll need to plug the other end of the USB cable into your Computer’s USB port.
- Navigate to the official Canon printer website by opening a web browser on your computer and clicking on the “Canon” link.
- In order to connect your printer, you will need to obtain the appropriate drivers for your printer model and operating system.
- After that, access the Control Panel by going to the Start menu, which can be found which is at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Choose Devices & Printers from the Hardware and Sound menu.
- After that, click on the Add a Printer button and select the Local Printer option from the drop-down menu.
- From the list of ports, select a printer port for your connection.
- You may pick a printer model by clicking on the Canon printer option.
- Click on the Next button to go on to the next step.
- You can now choose whether or not to share your printer with other devices by clicking on Next.
- Make sure your Canon printer is the default printer by clicking on the Finish tab.
You may learn how do I connect my Canon printer to my laptop? by following the above steps. Please contact Canon printer’s customer support department if you need more assistance. Now, they will be able to assist you with your numerous printer-related issues and will be able to provide you with the quickest answers to your problems.
Setup of Canon Wireless Printer:
You are trying to figure out how to set up a Canon printer on your Mac or Windows Computer? Download the “Canon PRINT App,” press the button on your printer to connect wirelessly, and the information stored on your smartphone, including your WiFi password and name, will immediately be migrated to make the setup process quicker and easier than ever before.
Different Methods WiFi Setup of Canon Printer:
The WPS technique and the standard connection method are the two wireless connection methods. Users can connect to a Canon printer using any of the ways listed above. If your PrinterPrinter can connect to the Internet, proceed with caution.
Setting up a WPS connection: For Windows and Mac operating systems, this is a typical technique of creating a shortcut. With a push-button on the wireless router, WPS is enabled. Next, look into your computer’s wireless connection settings and turn on WEP security.
Canon Standard Connection Technique: Use this method if your router does not support WPS. In order to find out how to set up a Canon printer using this approach is described in the following paragraphs.
Canon printer to WiFi router without activating the WPS button:
- For this, download and execute the application “Canon IJ Network Device Setup Utilities.”
- You are supposed to connect the printer via USB and turn it on.
- Make sure you choose USB as your connection method and complete the process.
- Select IPv4 as the connection type.
- It’s time to enter the printer’s password, which is the serial number.
- When prompted, provide the WiFi network’s password to connect to the wireless network.
- The installation is now complete.
- In Control Panel, click on Add a device, and then select printer
- Everything has been set up, and the printer is ready for usage.
All you need to do is to read this blog if you want to find out how can I connect a canon printer to the computer. Go through the steps that are given above, as you would be able to find the answer to the significant questions like, canon printer connect to computer?